Sign in to follow this  
Guest hmstiger

ERJ 145 Night Lighting

Guest hmstiger

I asked this question in the locked thread below and never got an answer. Can anyone please confirm whether the ERJ 145 has a true dark cockpit option - de-coupling the backlighting from the flood light. The picture on the website shows the panel flood lit at night - would like to know if there is a mode for turning off the glowing panel so we can fly at night in a dark environment. The real bird is flown that way - a simple search of ERJ 145 Cockpit Night at airliners.net will bring up a perfect example of what I would like to see, and what is a lighting mode that is widely is offered by PMDG, Level D, the Flight 2 Mustang, the Captain Sim C130 etc. Thanks.

Guest 413X3

No, only flood lighting or no lighting, you might want to post on feeltheres forums, they are pretty good about listening to requests for future updates. Once they update it to allow for 3 options, dark, flood lighting, and gauge backlighting only, I will buy

I asked this question in the locked thread below and never got an answer.
i 'kinda' answered your question :( ... so try here again :(
Can anyone please confirm whether the ERJ 145 has a true dark cockpit option - de-coupling the backlighting from the flood light.
the PANEL flood is tied to the backlighting ... this IS NOT the cockpit flood light. see picture -v2nightlighting.jpg
... so we can fly at night in a dark environment. ... The real bird is flown that way - a simple search of ERJ 145 Cockpit Night at airliners.net
the plane is also flown at night with the panel flood. see pictures at airliners.net searching for ERJ tail numbered 'SP-LGB '. the cockpit photos will show an ERJ on short final with the panel flood ON.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

see pictures at airliners.net searching for ERJ tail numbered 'SP-LGB '. the cockpit photos will show an ERJ on short final with the panel flood ON.
However this is probably far more typical night setup:---> www.airliners.net/photo/LOT---Polish/Embraer-EMB-145MP-(ERJ-145MP)/1329923/M/

Guest hmstiger
However this is probably far more typical night setup:---> www.airliners.net/photo/LOT---Polish/Embraer-EMB-145MP-(ERJ-145MP)/1329923/M/
Thanks everyone. This is a non-starter for me. While there might be a pic or two of pilots flying with floods on, that tends to destroy night vision and every pilot I know (incuding the check pilot for the 777 sims at United). This is the normal night lighting for flight for the same reason that we are taught in driver's ed to not drive with the dome light on. You can't see out the windows....This pic shows what I understand to be normal proceedures. www.airliners.net/photo/LOT---Polish/Embraer-EMB-145MP-(ERJ-145MP)/1329923/M/ I don't get this. PMDG, Level D, the Flight 1 Mustang, the Dreamfleet Dakota and the Captain Sim C130 all have true dark cockpits with backlit gauges, buttons etc. The MD11 even has variable lighting which is quite a trick. Not for $46....Colin

Guest 413X3

if you see pictures with the dome light on, it either means the pilots are sleepy and want to stay away, or they are just turning all the lights on for a good picture

or they are just turning all the lights on for a good picture
I think it is a plausible explanation - they simply flipped the switch to make it prettier for photographer.

The only time I turn flood lights on in the citation is when looking at the arrival and approach charts during pre-descent check. Night vision is destroyed with flood lights. So many developers without real flying developers have their idea how things are done in real life and are not very opened to real world pilots comments.I'll keep enjoying my MD11 and J41.Dan

Guest 413X3

I can always count on Eaglesoft and PMDG among a group of high quality developers to "get it right"Just picked up the Citation X last night and of course perfect night lighting. Thinking about the JS41 but trying to pace myself with $$