Sign in to follow this  
Guest jracer

afcad file for BWIv2?

Guest jracer

I know someone will come through..........thanks!! JT

I know someone will come through..........thanks!! JT
What is the complete name of the file you downloaded - and did you get it from the Avsim library ?It should be easy enough for you to add whatever parking you feel is need by using the free AFCAD utility by Lee Swordy. The program comes with an excellent Help file which shows exactly how to do anything the program can do.Here is a link:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...s&Go=Search

Guest jracer
What is the complete name of the file you downloaded - and did you get it from the Avsim library ?It should be easy enough for you to add whatever parking you feel is need by using the free AFCAD utility by Lee Swordy. The program comes with an excellent Help file which shows exactly how to do anything the program can do.Here is a link:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...s&Go=Search
kbwik5v2

kbwik5v2
No such file in the library here or at Flightsim -Please check it and post the complete filename (xxxxx.zip) and where you found it if not at Avsim.At the very least tell us what the name of the airport is and in what country. The ICAO code would be even better.

No such file in the library here or at Flightsim -Please check it and post the complete filename (xxxxx.zip) and where you found it if not at Avsim.At the very least tell us what the name of the airport is and in what country. The ICAO code would be even better.
It will be Baltimore-Washington International, kbwik5v2.zip http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=94577 at Flightsim.com.It comes in an auton-installer that puts the A&F Data file (AF2_KBWI.bgl) in the addonscenery\scenery directory for some unknown reason. This would be better moved the scenery directory of the KBWI scenery.The chances are that jracer has another A&FD file in there somewhere at a higher level than the one for the scenery, or even in the same one under another name. Moving the file shoudl fix that, but . . .I would also recommend correcting the airport co-ordinates in that A&F file to match the default airport to avoid potential software crashes.If this doesn't resolve the issue, an email address for the developer can be found in the readme.txt file.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Guest jracer
It will be Baltimore-Washington International, kbwik5v2.zip http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=94577 at Flightsim.com.It comes in an auton-installer that puts the A&F Data file (AF2_KBWI.bgl) in the addonscenery\scenery directory for some unknown reason. This would be better moved the scenery directory of the KBWI scenery.The chances are that jracer has another A&FD file in there somewhere at a higher level than the one for the scenery, or even in the same one under another name. Moving the file shoudl fix that, but . . .I would also recommend correcting the airport co-ordinates in that A&F file to match the default airport to avoid potential software crashes.If this doesn't resolve the issue, an email address for the developer can be found in the readme.txt file.John
I bet you're right and I'll check to see if there is a sub folder for it in my addon scenery/scenery folder.......You guy's are great, thanks for all your help!! JT

I bet you're right and I'll check to see if there is a sub folder for it in my addon scenery/scenery folder.......You guy's are great, thanks for all your help!! JT
JT,If you have any problems, just let me know here. I was one of the original authors of that airport and I have all the files (including some improvements that never made it out in the final release). Unfortunately, we have let the website and the e-mails listed in the readme.txt go as both of us have expanded our familes significantly since releasing KBWI. Having said that, I am working on getting the website under control again and releasing a FSX version sometime in the next 7 months. Glad to hear you are still enjoying it.Thanks,Joshua

Guest jracer
JT,If you have any problems, just let me know here. I was one of the original authors of that airport and I have all the files (including some improvements that never made it out in the final release). Unfortunately, we have let the website and the e-mails listed in the readme.txt go as both of us have expanded our familes significantly since releasing KBWI. Having said that, I am working on getting the website under control again and releasing a FSX version sometime in the next 7 months. Glad to hear you are still enjoying it.Thanks,Joshua
Thank you Joshua, your airport is fantastic. I'm still having problems locating the AFCAD.....If you would like to send me any improvement to an already great airport feel free to pm me or send it to my email.....

I think it will be in addon scenery/scenery and not a subfolder within it - but if for some reason it isn't there, you can run the .exe file again and install to somewhere away from Flight Simulator - you will see the structure and will find the AF2 file and then you can copy it across to where you want it (and then delete the rest).Best wishes,John

I also am a user of that addon and like it. The AF2_KBWI.bgl file seems to work fine for me.scott s..

Guest jracer
I think it will be in addon scenery/scenery and not a subfolder within it - but if for some reason it isn't there, you can run the .exe file again and install to somewhere away from Flight Simulator - you will see the structure and will find the AF2 file and then you can copy it across to where you want it (and then delete the rest).Best wishes,John
got it!!! lol

I have a problem with that scenery, I have jetways in places that they shouldn't be. Why would that happen? I would like to make them disappear if possible?Mike S.
Mike, Could you post a pic so we can see what is going on? Thanks,Joshua

I have a problem with that scenery, I have jetways in places that they shouldn't be. Why would that happen? I would like to make them disappear if possible?
Miike - it sounds as if you have another scenery interfering with it - possibly kbwi-pf.zip at Flightsim.com? It looks to me as if this scenery adds jetways to the default scenery and these may be what you are seeing despite the default scenery itself being eliminated.If this is the case, and you followed the instruction guidelines, this scenery will be installed in FS9\Addon Scenery\PF FS2004 Jetways and the AF file in FS9\Addon Scenery\Scenery. Be careful about removing the latter, though, as the scenery discussed above outs its AF file in the same place.John

I checked for the file you stated, but I don't have that installed. I did have an AFCAD file installed and when I tried removing it, FS would not even load. I disabled yours and removed said AFCAD and loaded the default airport. I then reloaded yours and had the same problem. I think I do not have your AFCAD installed and I do not know which disk I stuck your scenery on so I am grabbing it again so I can ensure I have the proper AFCAD in it. If all else fails, I will post a screenie. Thanks for the help.Mike

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon