Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

Would the MD-11 run on this?

Guest acezboy561

Hi, Would your MD-11 be able to run on my computer or would the 747X be better?? Specs are: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ @ 2.1GHz 1024MB RAM ATI Radeon 3650 HD GC @ 512MB Not the best I know. (For FSX btw) Id rather not write my full name for personal issues. Aidan.

Just being honest, I wouldn't even use that system for FS9 but each to there own, I see Videos on youtube where to me the Graphics and performance are horrible, yet the comments read 'Wow how do you get such good framerates etc etc' or FS runs great for me on my 7 year old P4..... So if your expectations are not that high then go for it...Rob

Rob Prest

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ @ 2.1GHz 1024MB RAM ATI Radeon 3650 HD GC @ 512MB
I saw the same proc and mem and even lower graphics card running MD11 quite satisfactory, but on FS9. Until 3 weeks ago I had a very similar config too and it gave me 5 years of happy FS9 flying. I wouldn't recommend it for FSX though. I am happy with MD11/FSX but only after getting spec in my signature.Daniel S.

Guest Tiemen

My PC is good, 4gb of ram and 9800GTX. But I still get framedrops in busy airports or cities. So if you are planning to avoid those en only cross them at 35000ft there wont be a problem :( If you whish to use complex addons like REX2 and MyTraffic (I use them both) you might want to consider a much better PC :(Tiemen

Guest Chris1308

Maybe I can use this topic to start a siimilar question:I can use the PMDG 747 in the FS9 with 25 FPS.Can I expact the same level with the MD-11 or does she takes more Frames?GreetingsChristopher

The MD11 should run a little faster than the 747.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest acezboy561

Thanks for the comments, do you guys know what id be getting in FPS on Medium Low?

Thanks for the comments, do you guys know what id be getting in FPS on Medium Low?
Sorry, this is impossible to say. No computer system behaves the same as the next... If you get 25 FPS using the 747 then you'll get a noticeable increase using the MD-11. Or in other words, if you're satisfied with the 747's performance, you'll be even happier using the MD-11.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest acezboy561
Sorry, this is impossible to say. No computer system behaves the same as the next... If you get 25 FPS using the 747 then you'll get a noticeable increase using the MD-11. Or in other words, if you're satisfied with the 747's performance, you'll be even happier using the MD-11.Regards,Markus
I dont have the 747X... Is there any chance, I can buy it but if I get under 10FPS I can get a refund? Id rather know that my $90AUD wont go to waste.

There's no refunds, sorry.I would not try running FSX on an Athlon XP, that is ancient hardware.
Ryan,In general your advice is the safest but in my case (as I have mentioned before!)I run the 747 and MD11 on my Athlon XP 4000 and it runs very well, I just adjustthe scenery etc. accordingly. But, the aircraft perform in all aspects very well.If I wish to have bettter scenery I then turn it up and use a default aircraft.David

There's no refunds, sorry.I would not try running FSX on an Athlon XP, that is ancient hardware.
I would disagree. My XP 3500 runs FSX quite competently with the sliders at medium. No problems at all with the MD11 and the 744.-Mike

I would disagree. My XP 3500 runs FSX quite competently with the sliders at medium. No problems at all with the MD11 and the 744.-Mike
I'm sorry but where not in the dark ages anymore, you can pick up a descent system cheap to run FS9. Why are there still people out there that say my Athlon/P4 runs FS with no problems? I dont know maybe you have never seen a sim running smoothly? I'm honestly curious, and I used to crop dust on the first FS with my commodore 64.Cheers Rob

Rob Prest

I'm sorry but where not in the dark ages anymore, you can pick up a descent system cheap to run FS9. Why are there still people out there that say my Athlon/P4 runs FS with no problems? I dont know maybe you have never seen a sim running smoothly? I'm honestly curious, and I used to crop dust on the first FS with my commodore 64.Cheers Rob
Well, first, I graduated from FS9 back when FSX came out - and my system absolutely destroyed FS9 back then. So yes, you're right, I have absolutely no idea what a smooth running sim is. :( My computer runs FSX fine now, so why should I drop $1k to upgrade my computer when I don't have to? Sure, I'm not running every add-on known to man at max sliders, but you don't see me here kvetching about that either.-Mike

:(

Well, first, I graduated from FS9 back when FSX came out - and my system absolutely destroyed FS9 back then. So yes, you're right, I have absolutely no idea what a smooth running sim is. :( My computer runs FSX fine now, so why should I drop $1k to upgrade my computer when I don't have to? Sure, I'm not running every add-on known to man at max sliders, but you don't see me here kvetching about that either.-Mike
I agree Mike - Mine runs fine and yes I do know what a smooth system looks like.What is more I have friends who also have a similar system and have good results with the PMDG 747.It may be that some feel agreeved that they have spent alot of money for a new system and wecan run on an old one! (smile!)David