Sign in to follow this  
Guest nordicskies

Complaint - to AVSIM forum oderation team

Guest nordicskies

Dear moderation team,greets from Norway and sorry for any bad english!I wish to raise a complaint about what i think is extremely unacceptable behaviour on the part of ron hamilton of the eaglesoft on these forums.This person blatantly hi-jacks every available thread and opportunity to pull discussions towards his own commercial interests. The forum is filled with examples; ERJ posts, posts about wilco and 64 bits systems that ron turns into "we are pleased to report good compatibility with 64 bit in testing of our products". I think that developers have every right to be here on avsim and the forum is a better place for having discussions between those who buy and use the products in the hobby and those who make them. But ron hamilton is systematically abusing his commercial position here. when it suits it becomes "hey I am simmer just like all of you" but when it suits otherwise he enjoys his position as the head of this developer and his position is commercial and he takes every opportunity to market his products and get sales.I would also say that his conduct against some other forum members (and some his own customers it seems of past products) is sometimes disgraceful. he has picked upon one forum member in particular who gave honest views on the citation x 2 for fsx and who has since been called disgraceful names by ron. it is totally unacceptable. there is not one person only here who is unhappy with the citation x product, there are many people making comments about it and especially the poor VC that it offers. The thread 'citation x first imressions' has many people talking about the unsatisfaction with the vc and talking of refunds. this means that this is how many people in the community feel. ron is being more calm in that thread now because a number of moderators are in it. but in the first thread about criticisms of this product, he was very very vicious to the writer.you can not have it both ways. if you want to use avsim forum to market and sell your productos you can not then complain if the people talk about not liking them. surely people are free to share open views including critial views about products, as long as they are not offensive? (as ron hamilton has been here in the last days).I really think that avsim should make a point here. I think that ron hamilton should apologise publically here for his unacceptable behaviour and without reserve! not "i am sorry but people were picking on my plane" just "i am sorry".I am a school teacher and if people were behaving as ron hamilton has here in my class i would say the norwegian for 'play nicely and stop bullying' !Please stop ron from continuing to systematically hi-jack all threads. Everyone is talking about it. Someone said last week "another thread has been hamiltonized" and it is true.yours with respect,Magne

Guest Captain_S
Dear moderation team,greets from Norway and sorry for any bad english!I wish to raise a complaint about what i think is extremely unacceptable behaviour on the part of ron hamilton of the eaglesoft on these forums.This person blatantly hi-jacks every available thread and opportunity to pull discussions towards his own commercial interests. The forum is filled with examples; ERJ posts, posts about wilco and 64 bits systems that ron turns into "we are pleased to report good compatibility with 64 bit in testing of our products". I think that developers have every right to be here on avsim and the forum is a better place for having discussions between those who buy and use the products in the hobby and those who make them. But ron hamilton is systematically abusing his commercial position here. when it suits it becomes "hey I am simmer just like all of you" but when it suits otherwise he enjoys his position as the head of this developer and his position is commercial and he takes every opportunity to market his products and get sales.I would also say that his conduct against some other forum members (and some his own customers it seems of past products) is sometimes disgraceful. he has picked upon one forum member in particular who gave honest views on the citation x 2 for fsx and who has since been called disgraceful names by ron. it is totally unacceptable. there is not one person only here who is unhappy with the citation x product, there are many people making comments about it and especially the poor VC that it offers. The thread 'citation x first imressions' has many people talking about the unsatisfaction with the vc and talking of refunds. this means that this is how many people in the community feel. ron is being more calm in that thread now because a number of moderators are in it. but in the first thread about criticisms of this product, he was very very vicious to the writer.you can not have it both ways. if you want to use avsim forum to market and sell your productos you can not then complain if the people talk about not liking them. surely people are free to share open views including critial views about products, as long as they are not offensive? (as ron hamilton has been here in the last days).I really think that avsim should make a point here. I think that ron hamilton should apologise publically here for his unacceptable behaviour and without reserve! not "i am sorry but people were picking on my plane" just "i am sorry".I am a school teacher and if people were behaving as ron hamilton has here in my class i would say the norwegian for 'play nicely and stop bullying' !Please stop ron from continuing to systematically hi-jack all threads. Everyone is talking about it. Someone said last week "another thread has been hamiltonized" and it is true.yours with respect,Magne
Ron has made great products, and great advances in FS, Play nicely and stop bullying, yes, I agree... but it is deirected at the poster... Dont be so naiive to think that folks cannot work out their own decisions Sir.With the greatest respect...Capt'n S.Ron has done a great deal for the hobby...Let the buyer and reviewer make the call... not an unhappy customer.. if you dont like dont buy it....I remember the days of the infamous 'alternative' to FS by one superb individual called Harvey.... and his tragic early death. the tragic cirumstances led to a great following of a guy determinied to offer an alternative.. and the support in the hour of need.It led to nothing, time is a great healer...things will come and things will go, caveat emptor.....Joe.

Ron has made great products, and great advances in FS, Play nicely and stop bullying, yes, I agree... but it is deirected at the poster... Dont be so naiive to think that folks cannot work out their own decisions Sir.With the greatest respect...Capt'n S.Ron has done a great deal for the hobby...Let the buyer and reviewer make the call... not an unhappy customer.. if you dont like dont buy it....I remember the days of the infamous 'alternative' to FS by one superb individual called Harvey.... and his tragic early death. the tragic cirumstances led to a great following of a guy determinied to offer an alternative.. and the support in the hour of need.It led to nothing, time is a great healer...things will come and things will go, caveat emptor.....Joe.
Your post makes no sense at all... :( this has NOTHING to do with a complaint about a product... so your "Let the buyer beware" reference makes no sense whatsoever...The OP is NOT posting as a disgruntled customer..he was merely complaining (and rightly so) about the frequent tendency of ESDG team members (Ron. Bill, and Ed mostly) to hijack threads to promote their own agenda. Avsim forums are NOT created to provide a free souce of advertising and promotion for payware developers. The forums are designed as a resource for simmers to share ideas, complaints and thoughts in general about anything and everything having to do with the hobby - not a place for payware developers to cry foul when someone doesn't like their product. Nor is it a place for a developer to hurl childish names at their customers.It doesn't matter how much Ron Hamilton or ANY OTHER developer has contributed to simming; that doesn't give them the right to hijack threads on a public forum or to demand the removal of an independent review when someone posts a less than flattering impression about one of their products. ESDG and its team are NOT gods, nor are they exempt from the same rules that govern those of us who also participate in these forums. This has not been the first time (nor will it be the last) that a developer has produced a product that hasn't lived up to its hype. ESDG team members need to grow some thicker skin and be able to accept criticism - both good and bad - for their products. They also need to realize that if enough people are complaining about an aspect of their product, then perhaps that should be incentive enough to rethink their stance. - Alex

Joe,So you see, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Please read the excellent post by Luis in this thread http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=265643I hope that all of you will have a wonderful weekend :-)
Ulf and Jim, thanks for posting,Ulf, your link to that thread speaks to volumes to the community here at Avsim as well as to each of us at Team Eaglesoft. If I took time enumerate all of the quite folks who've expressed similar views and have simply bowed out of here it would be very large numbers indeed.Our own behaviour has been less than steller in recent days but I don't mind saying that the OP in this thread is following the same path that others seem to enjoy.No one has to like us personally or purchase our products but the depth of uncivility in this place is outstanding.I submit to you that neither I or my Team are the proximate cause nor are we the cure for what ails this community. Every member here should be re evaluating their own behaviour because we certainly are. In addition, I believe the mods have made a new commitment to restoring some semblence of civility as well.With that I'll push the button as advised and we'll see what happens to this one as well. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png