Sign in to follow this  
VaclavLoubek

Eiresim Dublin EIDW not recognized by RC

Hi all,I have purchased the new Eiresim EIDW Dublin 2009, but the airport is not recognized by Radar Contact. I did the scenery rebuild, but no change. My EIDW is installed in its default folder, it means Flight Simulator 9/Eiresim Dublin 2009/EIDW. But installing it elsewhere doesn

I have purchased the new Eiresim EIDW Dublin 2009, but the airport is not recognized by Radar Contact. I did the scenery rebuild, but no change. My EIDW is installed in its default folder, it means Flight Simulator 9/Eiresim Dublin 2009/EIDW. But installing it elsewhere doesn

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Dear Pete. Thank you for your tip. This is what I found in runways.txt besides regular AFCAD file entry (and yes, it is lower in runways.txt, than the AFCAD entry):Eiresim Dublin 2009\Eiresim Dublin 2009\EIDW\scenery\Exclude afcad.bgl=============================================================================Airport EIDW N53:25:16.9797 W006:16:11.9985 242ft Delete all taxiways! Delete all runways and starts!*** DelBth *** EIDW0100 Lat 53.422493 Long -6.289739 Alt 242 Hdg 102 Len 8652 Wid 148 ILS 108.90, Flags: GS DME BC*** DelBth *** EIDW0110 Lat 53.436611 Long -6.262541 Alt 242 Hdg 112 Len 4442 Wid 200*** DelBth *** EIDW0160 Lat 53.437084 Long -6.261897 Alt 242 Hdg 164 Len 6798 Wid 200 ILS 111.50, Flags: GS DME BC*** DelBth *** EIDW0280 Lat 53.420326 Long -6.250082 Alt 242 Hdg 282 Len 8652 Wid 148 ILS 111.35, Flags: GS DME BC*** DelBth *** EIDW0290 Lat 53.433437 Long -6.242793 Alt 242 Hdg 292 Len 4442 Wid 200*** DelBth *** EIDW0340 Lat 53.419956 Long -6.249533 Alt 242 Hdg 344 Len 6798 Wid 200 FSM ATIS for EIDW=2452 Taxiname: #0 = Taxiname: #1 = B7 Taxiname: #2 = B3 Taxiname: #3 = B2 Taxiname: #4 = P1 Taxiname: #5 = P2 Taxiname: #6 = E4 Taxiname: #7 = E3 Taxiname: #8 = H2 Taxiname: #9 = H1 Taxiname: #10 = E1 Taxiname: #11 = B6 Taxiname: #12 = D2 Taxiname: #13 = B1 Taxiname: #14 = D3 Taxiname: #15 = G Taxiname: #16 = R Taxiname: #17 = C Taxiname: #18 = J2 Taxiname: #19 = J1 Taxiname: #20 = E7 Taxiname: #21 = E6 Taxiname: #22 = E5 Taxiname: #23 = A Taxiname: #24 = E2 Taxiname: #25 = B5 Taxiname: #26 = B4 Taxiname: #27 = F3 Taxiname: #28 = F2 Taxiname: #29 = F1 Taxiname: #30 = F4 Taxiname: #31 = L4 Taxiname: #32 = L3 Taxiname: #33 = L2 FSM A/P EIDW, lat=53.421391, long=-6.270000, alt=242Does that mean I should rename the extension of the file "Exclude afcad.bgl"?Thanks again

Dear Pete. Thank you for your tip. This is what I found in runways.txt besides regular AFCAD file entry (and yes, it is lower in runways.txt, than the AFCAD entry)Eiresim Dublin 2009\Eiresim Dublin 2009\EIDW\scenery\Exclude afcad.bgl
Is your "regular AFCAD entry in the same folder -- i.e. part of this newly installed scenery? What is its name?Certainly, having an "Exclude" file appearing AFTER the "include" file is going to cause the problem, but i don't understand why this exclude file contains the exclusions, and taxiway names, and nothing else. Have you removed anything in this section before showing it here? Does the "regular AFCAD" contain taxiway names? As far as I know about how these things work, taxiway names cannot be in a different file from the taxiways they are naming!
Does that mean I should rename the extension of the file "Exclude afcad.bgl"?
Yes, by the looks of it. Haven't you tried that yet? You'll need to run MakeRunways again afterwards, and supply the files RC needs.RegardsPete

I'll differ from Pete D. on how to fix this. I would not rename the exclude file yet. Here is my suggestion:On your FS drive make a folder called AFDs with a scenery scenery subfolder under it so you might have D:\AFDs\scenery. Do this with Windows Explorer or My Computer.Examine the files in your current Eiresim Dublin 2009\Eiresim Dublin 2009\EIDW\scenery\ folder for an AF2_, AFX_, or AEX_ or similar type file. You could also search runways.txt as Pete described looking for an EIDW section describing runways and ILSs, etc., and getting the file name. Skip the first section AFxxxx which is the default FS data.You can also use the utility AFCAD 2.21 downloadable here at AVSIM under FS9 utilities. Install it then open it. Do the open airport from its menu and wait until it searches your disk. In the search box enter EIDW and activate it. You should see a stock layer (default) and then maybe that exclude layer and another layer. One of those other than the default should show a diagram of runways and taxiways, parking, etc. You might have more than one like that from such as a traffic program. Do not use the AFCAD file Save or Save As function as it might corrupt some types of AFD files.In the open diagram with the runways display click files/properties. Write down the path to that file. Do that for each layer that shows runways. Each time you examine a layer you'll have to run the open airport/search routine so you can click on the next layer.Choose the file path and name either inside the EIDW scenery folder or where ever they might have put it and note it. Close AFCAD.Now in Windows Explorer go to the folder you noted of your chosen file. Right click on it and click Copy. Now browse to the new AFDs/scenery folder you just created. Do Edit/Paste to place that .bgl file in there. Go back to the folder you copied it from and rename the extension .bgl of the original file to .xxx then closing Explorer.Open FS and go to Settings/Scenery Library. When it opens Click ADD and browse to that new AFDs folder and OK it. It should appear as in the first position 1. In the scenery list. Make the settings are saved and then close and restart FS so it reindexes the scenery file. Close FS and then start Radar Contact. From it run the Scenery Database Utility and wait until it finishes. Restart RC and see if you can now load your flight plan.What this whole procedure has done is insure that the developer's intended AFD type file with the runways, etc, will get priority in the scenery rebuild utility over excludes that might have had been given other priority that for RC's database would have kept that information out of RC.If you want to confirm this and let us know if you are OK is to search runways.txt for EIDW and insure that the last relevant EIDW section has runway information with navaids, taxi point definitions, etc., and that the path for that section describes this new priority folder just created.Also note they have released a separate AFCAD file update on their website as of 08NOV09. Check this thread:http://www.eiresimforum.info/index.php?topic=10.0That will also get you the file name.See if this helps.

Can renaming the extension cause any problems to the scenery? The file must be there for a reason, right?
Well, that depends on whether there's anything different in it to what's in the main AFD BGL. That's why I said rename it, not delete it -- after trying it if anything adverse occurred you'd could name it back again easily enough.In the case of Aerosoft Monastir there was nothing the rogue file did that wasn't already done. I get the feeling, actually, that this odd occurrence is not necessarily deliberate on the designer's part, but possibly a result of using a specific scenery compilation tool. I'd like to find out what it is so I can see what it is intending to do, really.If you'd like complete reassurance, I can examine the relevant part of the Runways.txt file for you. Don't send all of it (far too big) -- cut out the complete section for that Scenery folder (i.e. the new scenery folder for EIDW), make a separate file of it, ZIP it and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.Even if you resolve it Ron's way, I'd still like to see what it is doing, and I can compare it with what the Monastir scenery was doing to see if it does really look like the result of the same tool.RegardsPete

Pete, I will send you the runway.txt entry of EIDW this afternoon (Central European Time) from my e-mail vaclavloubek(at)yahoo.com.
Okay. It is as I thought. There is nothing useful in the file Dublin 2009\Eiresim Dublin 2009\EIDW\scenery\Exclude afcad.bglIt merely repeats the deletions already in the main AFD file (AF2_EIDW_AL_Apron.bgl), and appears to have some older left-over section listing taxiway names which are listed in a more complete form in the proper file in any case. And a table of taxiway names has to be in the same file as the taxiways, so it seems to be left-over rubbish only.Just rename that Exclude file and you will be okay.I am working on a new version of MakeRunways (4.40) which is faster, and also does two passes over each scenery layer -- first doing all the deletions, and then doing the additions. This sort of problem will then not affect RC (though it may still render the "start" location list in the FS menus incorrect).RegardsPete