Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lall

Frozen Cursor on 2D-Panels

Guest Lall

Hi Folks,I've got a problem since I've updated my nVidia-drivers for my Gforce6200. The cursor frozens in the 2D-panel-view. The panel gets okay again when Iswitch to another view...I've attached a screenshot of the issue.Thanks a lot :-)Regards from SwitzerlandLorenz

Hi Lorenz,you will have to modify the nvidia settings, anti aliasing/filtering...and look at the flt3.cfg the mouse settingmouse_vanish 5Regards from Switzerland too :-)Andre

Guest Lall

Hi AndreThanks for your answer.Sorry, I forgot to mention that I've already tried different antialiasing settings, but you're absolutely right! The frozen cursor doesn't appear only when any AA is disabled....and it's only in front of the panel, not above in the scenery...???Greets Lorenz

Hi AndreThanks for your answer.Sorry, I forgot to mention that I've already tried different antialiasing settings, but you're absolutely right! The frozen cursor doesn't appear only when any AA is disabled....and it's only in front of the panel, not above in the scenery...???Greets Lorenz
and it's not at all planes ?

Guest Lall
and it's not at all planes ?
It's at all planes....unfortunately..Greets

Hello Lorenz,Apply the rec fix as described by htfc. I applied it to the stock bravo and it fixed my own mouse trail/lag problems when running Flt3 with the DDFix.jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Hello Lorenz,Apply the rec fix as described by htfc. I applied it to the stock bravo and it fixed my own mouse trail/lag problems when running Flt3 with the DDFix.jimb
It seems to me that the rects aren't the issue here but it doesn't hurt to modify them as explained in my "I found it" post. Could a moderator please "pin" the essentials of getting around the recent Nvidia drivers/FU III rects problem?The mouse trail should be fixed by enabling "mouse vanish" in the CFG. It shouldn't really matter but do you have a mouse that leaves a trail in other applications? My wife's computer has a mouse with the trail feature and she thinks it's fun to watch. It might be that this kind of display behavior clashes with FU III anti-aliasing in some way. We definitely need AA to make this sim look good (as for any other sim / game) so turning it off is no acceptable option.Have you really enabled mouse vanish? The mouse cursor should be invisible after a few seconds and reappear as soon as you move the mouse again.Hans Petter

I keep the mouse trail and shadow off. Desktop: I use a custom Xp theme= no screen saver, a custom 800x600 desktop background I made. Appearance is Win Classic Style + I have Clear Type enabled.Desktop resolution: I usually have it set to 1152x864x32. Sometimes I'll drop it down to 1024x768x32.The ATI card: I usually have 3D AA= app preference, AF= app preferance. When I fly Flt3 I set these to 6 and 16 respect.Here are 2 shots of the Bravo panel. The first is Flt3_DDFix with the stock Bravo. 1024x768 AA= 6, AF= 16. As you can see, the rec line is showing and also the mouse trail will not go up into the rectangle. This is what gave me the idea that maybe performing the rectangle fix may somehow rid the mouse trail/ lag problem.The second is Flt3_DDFix with the rectangle mod applied to the Bravo panel. 1024x768 AA= 6, AF= 16. The mouse trail has disappeared. My preference is to keep the mouse cursor viewable so I'll know where it is, which system it is ready to access at all times. FPS Cost: Notice how I've lost 10 fps in the modded cockpit F3/ IFR view. Panning around in the F5 external view I understandably did not loose any frames(same as before the rec mod).

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest Lall

Hello,The mouse-cursor problem disappears when I modify the rec of the 3D-region to a height of 599 pixels but that causes that there is almost no view to the scenery when flying with the IFR-Panel. That's not really a usable option....RegardsLorenz

Lorenz,See Hans Petter's last post on the 'I found it !' thread, taking his advice re .cfg file editing will fix the problem re views.Stuart

Also, This can be adjusted while in the sim so you can hone it to your liking. Bring up the console with "shift+:". Type "head_tilt {#}". In the Flt3 installation root you'll find readme.wri which explains the console commands. good luck, jimb

Guest Lall

Hello,

Also, This can be adjusted while in the sim so you can hone it to your liking. Bring up the console with "shift+:". Type "head_tilt {#}". In the Flt3 installation root you'll find readme.wri which explains the console commands. good luck, jimb
Thanks! It works but I have to accept a unusual view from the VFR-panel when I change the head_tilt for a correct view in the IFR-panel.GreetsLorenz

Hello,Thanks! It works but I have to accept a unusual view from the VFR-panel when I change the head_tilt for a correct view in the IFR-panel.GreetsLorenz
Please keep in mind that the VFR panel is an unusual view in the first place. If you set the IFR panel up right it can be used for all phases of flight, including taxiing on the ground. The VFR panel gives you a better view than any realistic panel would. I use it for sight-seeing only. The VFR panel perspective provides the kind of view you would get if you stand up from your seat. So, don't be tempted to give the IFR panel a splendid view of the scenery in front of you. Test it with the aircraft sitting on the runway -- what you should be able to see over the panel is nothing more than the far end of that runway. When you land an aircraft you'll see more for two reasons, 1) The flaps effect a more nose-down attitude and 2) You're descending while you view the terrain in front of the aircraft.