Sign in to follow this  
SWVA4420

Feelthere B737 PIC & FSX on Win7 64 bit

Hi Folks,I recently installed Win7 64 on my FS system, and have gotten other addons (PMDG 747, LVLD 767, FT Citation X, F1 Super 80, etc.) up and running in FSX (Gold Edition). All gauges work in these aircraft, but I cannot get FT's B737 PIC to work...all gauges are "dead" - no clicking possible on anything. (Strange that their Citation X seems ok, but not their 737)?I have read in the forum that others have gotten the PIC 737 to work within the W7-64 environment....any help to get this plane working would be greatly appreciated! (I will be installing FS9 with many aircraft and scenery addons later onto this same system).Some system specs (from memory, as I'm not sitting in front of it at the moment) - Quad core Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, two 640GB HDDs, nVidia GTX 280.Thanks,Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm afraid this might not help much, but, I upgraded from Vista64 to Win7 64 and have no issues with the FT 737. I have not done much with it, being focused on other AC right now, but, it seems fine to me with no special effort.Joe

Joe Lorenc

I'm afraid this might not help much, but, I upgraded from Vista64 to Win7 64 and have no issues with the FT 737. I have not done much with it, being focused on other AC right now, but, it seems fine to me with no special effort.Joe
Hi Joe - I upgraded from XP pro 32-bit...setup W7 64 on a new HDD, and have FSX+addons installed there, so my upgrade path was different from yours.Thanks for your input....any other ideas, anyone?Jim

Jim Blake

Looking at your signature - you may have FSInn installed and their module stops W 737 working. Works great without it and I have seen somewhere that you can edit your dll.xml file to load it or not when loading FSX.Thats no good though if you use ithe 737 online with FSInn installed - Vatsim etc.

Looking at your signature - you may have FSInn installed and their module stops W 737 working. Works great without it and I have seen somewhere that you can edit your dll.xml file to load it or not when loading FSX.Thats no good though if you use ithe 737 online with FSInn installed - Vatsim etc.
Hi - I have Squawkbox installed, not FSinn....do you know if SB causes this same issue?Jim

Jim Blake

Did you purchase the Vista upgrade from Wilco. If not, this is what happens. I bought the vista upgrade to the PIC 737 and now it's working.

Did you purchase the Vista upgrade from Wilco. If not, this is what happens. I bought the vista upgrade to the PIC 737 and now it's working.
Yes, I bought the vista upgrade and it works....forgot about this post!Thanks,Jim

Jim Blake

Guest kbpilot5

I have the same problem as you. I have Windows 7 64bit with the FT737 vista and blank gauges. Not a clue why.Kevin B

I have the same problem as you. I have Windows 7 64bit with the FT737 vista and blank gauges. Not a clue why.Kevin B
Hi Kevin - here's what SignmanBob suggested, and it works perfectly:Hi Everyone,Here are Bob's instructions for getting the 737 up and running in Win7-64 bit:First off, you need to have the Vista version or upgrade for this to work. Then, do this for Vista or W7 (from the FAQ @ Wilcopub.com):--------------------------------------------------------------------------------HOW TO SETUP 737PIC under Windows-VISTA :Install the 737PIC XP version selecting the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" option from VistaRun the Vista upgrade option you have bought and select the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" option from Vista to execute it.Go into program files\microsoft games\highlight Flight Simulator X folder and right-click on itSelect the SECURITY tabClick on your username (not on Administrator 1)Click on the 'edit' option (it should have a pic of a shield on the button with edit next to it)Then you should be prompted by Vista security module, click on 'ALLOW'Then tick the 'Full Control' box and press 'OK' - wait for the process to complete.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now, since even the Vista upgraded version is only meant for the 32bit Vista (64bit didn't exist when this sim was made), after you get it installed, go to the Start>All Programs>Wilco Publishing>PIC 737 (FSX) folder and and right click on each Configeration program for the -300, -400 and -500 and select "Properties" then go to the "Compatibility" tab and look for the box at the top under "Compatibility mode" and check that box. Then from the drop-down menu, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and click on the "Apply" button at the bottom.Do this for each configerator and the PIC737 will run perfectly in FSX.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks again to Bob for his help on this, as I can now use this excellent airplane in FSX, running in W7-64!Jim

Jim Blake

Ok,but this dont work on my win7 64bit version. What i do:I installed all in admin mode. But if i check the vista upgrader there stay many access errors, 'cause the installer try to fix fs9 version. That upgrade i have should be for fs9, isnt it? Send me Wilco a wrong upgrader?

Ok,but this dont work on my win7 64bit version. What i do:I installed all in admin mode. But if i check the vista upgrader there stay many access errors, 'cause the installer try to fix fs9 version. That upgrade i have should be for fs9, isnt it? Send me Wilco a wrong upgrader?
Not sure....my FS9 version works fine in Win7-64 without doing the vista upgrade. As far as I know, the vista upgrade is strictly for FSX, and it's required for FSX in Win7-64. Following Bob's steps, I was able to get it to work 100% in FSX/Win7-64.Good luck,Jim

Jim Blake