Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

Airsimmer conflicting with MD-11?

I installed the Airsimmer basic package last Monday. I have tried flying it several times but have been unable to finish most flights due to ctd's. This afternoon, I went to load up the MD-11, and got repeated ctd's. Everything works fine with the other addons that I have tried thus far, but the MD-11 refuses to load. I get the ctd after I hit fly now and the scenery load screen comes up. It remains a 0% for several seconds and then crashes. I never had to do this before the AS install, but I loaded the default Cessna and turned everything off. Then I tried to load the MD-11, but got a ctd. I will try a reinstall of the Mightydog as soon as I can reactivate my download link from PMDG. But in the mean time, I wanted to see if you all had any suggestionsMatt LaMay

I would inspect the fsx dll.xml file for problems. Perhaps deleting it and letting FSX rebuild a new one? Same for fsx.cfg it that doesn't work. Also, you can run the pmdg installer and select repair for the sim and the C++ runtime libraries.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the reply. this is for fs9 though. Do the same instructions apply? I know about the fs9.cfg, but I've never heard of the other one. PMDG hasn't a new download link to me, but when they do I will definitely try to repair the install.Thanks,Matt

Matt, for FS9 delete the fs9.cfg and let her build a new one (save a backup of what you started with if you wish). There's no dll.xml equivalent in FS9, it's used in FSX to load modules.

Dan Downs KCRP

Matt, for FS9 delete the fs9.cfg and let her build a new one (save a backup of what you started with if you wish). There's no dll.xml equivalent in FS9, it's used in FSX to load modules.
Ok so I tried what you suggested, and fs9 kept freezing up. The one time the welcome screen came up, the screen size was 800x600. Luckily, I kept my old one and put it back in place. Another intersting thing...A good friend of mine has the Airsimmer, MD-11, and 747. He confirmed that after he installed the Airbus, his MD-11 stopped working. But his 747 still works.Matt

Guest Dave_M

Hi,If you use FS2Crew with the MD11 check that the gaugesound.dll has not been replaced with a version which is incompatable with FS2Crew, there is a button to restore the gaugesound.dll in the start centre. I have had problems with this in the past when installing other aircraft.Hope this helps,David Marshall