Sign in to follow this  
Guest w1jop2009

Alienware

Guest w1jop2009

Hey, I just want to make sure my system would be good for PMDG aircraft, i fit into specs but I want user input.Alienware Aura desktopCPU_Name: Intel® Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz 1.8Ghz on the vid cardMem_Capacity: 1024MB Video_Caption: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 <LI>Video_AdapterRAM: 1792MB (1.8ghz)

Hey, I just want to make sure my system would be good for PMDG aircraft, i fit into specs but I want user input.Alienware Aura desktopCPU_Name: Intel

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Gary, that's the memory on the video card.To the original poster - please sign your name to your threads, PMDG forum rule.The CPU is fine, but I would get a more current video card like a Radeon 5 series or GTX 285. Get 6GB of RAM with that CPU and make sure you get Windows 7 x64.You should really think about learning to build a PC yourself though - Alienware is quite honestly a gigantic ripoff, you could build a machine with the same specs from parts off of Newegg for much much less.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey, I just want to make sure my system would be good for PMDG aircraft, i fit into specs but I want user input.Alienware Aura desktopCPU_Name: Intel

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Guest Heavy_Driver

As a long time gamer/simmer who also builds his own, I concur that (frankly) Alienware is a huge ripoff. I'm amazed they are still in business.Building your own can save hundreds better spend on components.And building pcs is EASY!Cheers.>>>BTW, be careful with ASUS P6T MOBOs: they have reported unresolved memory issues, go with a EVGA x58 board. I used to be an ASUS man but their quality/support has nose dived the past couple of years.

I want to add my two cents, because I looked at the Alienware and Falcon, which I think was a better value. However, these guys wanted up to $5,000 for the rig I wanted. I bought the parts from Newegg (with Ryan's support and advice) and built my first system since the Heathkit H89 for under $2,000. I've had this machine for a year now and there's not been a single glitch except for the original MOBO that had to be RMA'd. This is the way to go. Next upgrade: Replace the MOBO, CPU and possibly memory but the case, power supply and drives should be okay.

Dan Downs KCRP

I want to add my two cents, because I looked at the Alienware and Falcon, which I think was a better value. However, these guys wanted up to $5,000 for the rig I wanted. I bought the parts from Newegg (with Ryan's support and advice) and built my first system since the Heathkit H89 for under $2,000. I've had this machine for a year now and there's not been a single glitch except for the original MOBO that had to be RMA'd. This is the way to go. Next upgrade: Replace the MOBO, CPU and possibly memory but the case, power supply and drives should be okay.
Dan you are showing your age... I haven't heard the word Heathkit since...well I never heard of it. :(

Regards,
Gary Andersen

Come to think of it, I spent more on the H89 than my current Quad 3GHz machine ($1600 in 1980 dollars)!! It had two Z-80 2MHz chips, one the CPU the other the "terminal."I learned assembly language on that machine, took it with me on a one-year remote overseas tour I had:

Dan Downs KCRP

Come to think of it, I spent more on the H89 than my current Quad 3GHz machine ($1600 in 1980 dollars)!! It had two Z-80 2MHz chips, one the CPU the other the "terminal."I learned assembly language on that machine, took it with me on a one-year remote overseas tour I had:
An i7-965 in comparison to my Vic-20 lol

Regards,
Gary Andersen

That was a really good one! Here is the other one we had that I learned basic and some assembler. :(

"Welcome Back,Mr. Anderson !" :( Just some 'Matrix' humor Gary !!! :( Seriously though, this list you have posted has got me really intrigued, and I was checking out the links. I am seriously contemplating taking your suggestion to 'build' my own PC, but the MoBo you suggested has been discontinued.(ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard $180.00) Can you suggest another good board please; I am not as computer savvy :( as some of you fellas are and would sure appreciate your input. B) Thanks again for your detailed suggestion and the links you supplied Gary.Best Regards,GodfreyG B)
I have zero issue with the Matrix humor as a matter of fact it is almost somewhat of a religion to me. I just wish I could find a Smith to actually play along. Smith is supposed to be one of most common names there are..think I would find one? Of all the Mr. Andersons I receive not one Smith pfff.Be careful on the cooler I suggested, it is huge. What I would do is build it with the stock cooler so I knew all my dimensions when completed then review the dimensions of the cooler to ensure it was going to fit.. It should fit and shouldn

Regards,
Gary Andersen

I have zero issue with the Matrix humor as a matter of fact it is almost somewhat of a religion to me. I just wish I could find a Smith to actually play along. Smith is supposed to be one of most common names there are..think I would find one? Of all the Mr. Andersons I receive not one Smith pfff. :( Great sense of humor Gary, and very helpful as well !! You are as 'good as they come' buddy, you're tops :( ! I appreciate all of your input and will inform you as I decide, and make my purchases. KUDOS to you man !Best,GodfreyG :(