Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pres_Clinton

Stuttering Help

Quick fix:Pay $ 2,000+ for the new i7 something and hardware to match!Or go here and read, read, read:http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.p...=1208959973/0#0http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041If you have FSX on W7 - TBM works best at 40 IMO...Good luck!
lol yeah that would be a quick fix.Well I have setup to nickn's guide and have been using that for a while but I seem to have gotten more stutters after my recent full reinstall.I have w7 tho so I will play around with the tbm and see how I go.Thanks for the info

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

W wh wh when I I r r r ro ro ro rolled b b b b ba ba back m m m m my d d d d d dr dr driv drivers t t t t to to 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 18 18 18 f f f fi 5 p p p poin point f f f fi fi 5, m m m m my s s s s st st stt stut stutter stuttering s s s s st st stop stopped c c c co com com ple ple ple ly ly.S S S S St Step Stephen

W wh wh when I I r r r ro ro ro rolled b b b b ba ba back m m m m my d d d d d dr dr driv drivers t t t t to to 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 18 18 18 f f f fi 5 p p p poin point f f f fi fi 5, m m m m my s s s s st st stt stut stutter stuttering s s s s st st stop stopped c c c co com com ple ple ple ly ly.S S S S St Step Stephen
:(

W wh wh when I I r r r ro ro ro rolled b b b b ba ba back m m m m my d d d d d dr dr driv drivers t t t t to to 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 18 18 18 f f f fi 5 p p p poin point f f f fi fi 5, m m m m my s s s s st st stt stut stutter stuttering s s s s st st stop stopped c c c co com com ple ple ple ly ly.
That's exactly my experience too!

Guest j0nx

I get a lot of stuttering when there are tons of trees around. For example in the grand canyon free addon there are a ton of trees there and my frame rate jumps from 80-10 constantly creating the jerks. Same with the orbx blue freebie and that airport they give you in there where there are a ton of trees around. Still haven't been able to figure out why trees are killing my frame rate to this day...

There are many ways to fix stutters , but two things that help a lot are this1 - Turn off Hyperthreading if you using i7, then increase your cpu speed.2- for quad core Set affinity mask to 14 in fsx.cfga good defrag also helps
You can also leave hyperthreading ON and set the affinity mask to 85 in the config. Works great on my quad core i7.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

I get a lot of stuttering when there are tons of trees around. For example in the grand canyon free addon there are a ton of trees there and my frame rate jumps from 80-10 constantly creating the jerks. Same with the orbx blue freebie and that airport they give you in there where there are a ton of trees around. Still haven't been able to figure out why trees are killing my frame rate to this day...
You need to lower your frame rate lock. If I use 30 FPS lock in areas with alot of trees and autogen I get what you describe. If I set it to 24 or 26 problem is gone. Usually the surge issue where you see large swings in FPS means a frame lock set too high.

Jim Wenham

Since I bought GEX Europe I don't have "the tree problem" anymore! For my i7 Affinitymask=14 works best.

I had some time to fly since february... well.. in some areas where there are (insanely) large amounts of trees FPS still drop from 30 (locked@30) to ~20. AG on Very Dense. These trees are real pain in the... :)