Sign in to follow this  
byork

Installing the PMDG 737NG FS9 in Windows 7 Problem

Anyone every experience this?I'm trying to install the PMDG 737 NG in Windows 7 64 Bit Home Version.When I click the setup file, I get his message:"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an X86 or X64 version of the program, and then contact the software publisher".Anyone else get this on Win 7 64 Home (Retail version, not beta)Cheers,

Try right-clicking the .exe and selecting 'run as admin' and 'xp sp2', she installed alright on mine.Cheers, Chris Dalgarno

Is the file write-protected? I've also disabled UAC.Cheers, Chris D

My 737 is the CD version and I didn't wait for any messages I just browsed the CD and found the exe setup file, right clicked and selected "run as admin". It installed on Win 7 Home Premium 64bit with no problem.Whether what I did was necessary I couldn't tell you but it worked.Iain Smith

Brian:Did you solve your problem? Is your 737 on disk or download?Sorry i am not offering any solution but I am a perpective buyer of this software and I am interested to know whether it will work in W7.Many thanks,Jorge Palacios