Sign in to follow this  
jacock01

Library status

Could we have an update on the status of the avsim library restoration? I ask because I get the message "file not available" more often than not for files I want. Are these files being restored or is what we see what we have and all those others that are listed but not available lost for good? Thanks, Jim

Guest SONNY1

The download library is offline or unavailable more often than not.While I can appreciate that alot of work is being done to fix things after the attack.In the past 30 days I've attemped to access the library at least a dozen(12) times with the above posted response.Maybe an access window daily from repairs could be an answer. :(

All the files that could be recovered have been recovered. There is no more that can be done to recover those that show up as "corrupt" files.If your uploaded files have fallen into the "corrupt" category and haven't been recovered, we would appreciate it if you could re-upload the file at your convenience and we'll get it re-established within the Library's electronic halls, please make sure you notify the library staff that the file is replacing a corrupt file in the notes to library staff .The staff at AVSIM would like to thank all of our Library visitors and contributors for the amount of patience you have shown while we strived to get the Library and the entire website back to 100%. We're there...so everything contributed now goes towards our continuing growth. This is being posted on the front page pretty much every day. What more can be done?

Guest SONNY1
All the files that could be recovered have been recovered. There is no more that can be done to recover those that show up as "corrupt" files.If your uploaded files have fallen into the "corrupt" category and haven't been recovered, we would appreciate it if you could re-upload the file at your convenience and we'll get it re-established within the Library's electronic halls, please make sure you notify the library staff that the file is replacing a corrupt file in the notes to library staff .The staff at AVSIM would like to thank all of our Library visitors and contributors for the amount of patience you have shown while we strived to get the Library and the entire website back to 100%. We're there...so everything contributed now goes towards our continuing growth. This is being posted on the front page pretty much every day. What more can be done?
Maybe I can be of help. Just prior to the AVSIM invasion I had insomnia and stayed up all night and downloaded ALL the FSX and FS2004 Jets and Planes and other Whirlygigs. ALL the FXS and FS2004 Missons and Scenery. Sorry nothing else.I then burned them all to cd in their separate catagories.I will gladly ship cd copys of everything to AVSIM to help out with missing stuff.I happily consider it my contribution to a Great site. Email me a p.o. box # if interested.

Funny as hell Sonny. :( I can't edit my post for some reason, but I was not literally asking what more can be done, but instead how can people still miss that announcement when it's posted there every day.

Guest SONNY1
Funny as hell Sonny. :( I can't edit my post for some reason, but I was not literally asking what more can be done, but instead how can people still miss that announcement when it's posted there every day.
Uhh I wasn't trying to be funny. I guess this is how newbies are treated.

Uhh I wasn't trying to be funny. I guess this is how newbies are treated.
Sorry Sonny, I misread that you had downloaded the whole Avsim library. So now the joke is on me entirely! :( If you really have all that stuff, you might want to contact the library staff directly in case they miss this one.

Maybe I can be of help. Just prior to the AVSIM invasion I had insomnia and stayed up all night and downloaded ALL the FSX and FS2004 Jets and Planes and other Whirlygigs. ALL the FXS and FS2004 Missons and Scenery. Sorry nothing else.I then burned them all to cd in their separate catagories.I will gladly ship cd copys of everything to AVSIM to help out with missing stuff.I happily consider it my contribution to a Great site. Email me a p.o. box # if interested.
Hello SONNY1,Thank you very much for your generous offer to help with the missing files. Can you expand and clarify a bit on what you've said. We need to know the number of files you've got for each of the Library sections you've mentioned that you've completely downloaded: FSX Original Aircrafts; FS9 Original Aircrafts; FSX Sceneries; FS9 Sceneries; FSX Missions; and any other files you've got. You've also mentioned that you have some FS2004 Missions?Also can you let us know the size of everything you have (all together) and generally the time when you downloaded all of it? - We need to know from when the files you've got are.Out of curiosity - How long did it take you to download all that stuff?