Sign in to follow this  
Madair01

FSX Real Weather

Has anyone noticed a problem with how up to date the real weather function is. I have noticed on both FS2004 and FSX common but out of date weather which has remained the same for at least a week. have jeppesen gone on holiday?Madair

I noticed the same thing happen in Rio de Janeiro a while ago. Everytime I loaded the real world weather at Santos Dumont I got the same conditions for about a week. I first thought that maybe the weather had been the same their, until I checked the real weather for Santos Dumont and it was sunny and clear, but FSX kept loading rain and clouds with 5 mile visability. Maybe the servers were down or messed up.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FWIW, I used to notice the same thing years ago in FS-9. Finally found out that Microsoft's server would indeed be down for days at a time. Why not consider Active Sky Advanced? Much, much better (as in realistic--the wx can truly be nasty at times) weather presentation.

Guest delsutton2009
Real Environment Xtreme v2 is a very nice product. I have it and use it and love it.http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/
I've got REX2 too and love it, but it doesn't auto-update the weather if you just hang around the same area... you have to manually update it if you want to have new weather injected

I've got REX2 too and love it, but it doesn't auto-update the weather if you just hang around the same area... you have to manually update it if you want to have new weather injected
Correct! Good point!It updates every so many miles of your choice. I use the value 60.I suggested to them that it should be based on TIME NOT DISTANCE.But they ignored me.

Correct! Good point!It updates every so many miles of your choice. I use the value 60.I suggested to them that it should be based on TIME NOT DISTANCE.But they ignored me.
No McCrash, actually we're listening. We have many new features/enhancements on the agenda, but we're concentrating on fulfilling our obligation to release REX for FS2004.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

No McCrash, actually we're listening. We have many new features/enhancements on the agenda, but we're concentrating on fulfilling our obligation to release REX for FS2004.
That's great to know. It's a wonderful product that I enjoy all the time.

Much as I appreciate all the comments about alternatives I was actually quite happy with the FSX real weather until it has seemed to stop and I wondered if others had noticed the same. There is only one -cmpbeellsjc who has commented-thanks for that. I will look at the alternatives and I have read the various reviews so others comments are not wasted.I will review this week and see if there have been any changes.madair

Its back!Tried it this evening and the real weather function has returned. I think somebody just switched it back on at the server end!Madair

I noticed that the Canary Islands had completely Clear weather for the last few days(no calm weather but clear skies) which seemed odd, so I checked and sure enough some sort of service interruption. I just got a local weather report and plugged it into the make your own weather menu...