Sign in to follow this  
houndog528

Strange FS9 Problem

Hi guys,I am new here on the forum, but not to Avsim. I've been using it for years, and have been reading the forums for quite a while as well. I just haven't had to post anything, because I haven't any problems that haven't been resolved by reading other posts. Until now...I've noticed a stange problem within the past few days with FS9. It first happened on Wednesday of this past week, and has happened every time I have used FS9 since. The last time I used FS9 successfully was last Saturday. I am running Windows XPOkay, here's the problem: I load FS9 with no problems. I can plan a flight, download realworld weather, select aircraft , select destinations, etc. In other words, everything you need to do to set up a flight. Then, I load the flight, and it loads perfectly. I then proceed with my flight. Within about 15-20 minutes (I may not even be off the ground by this time), FS9 switches to desktop. It does not crash to desktop, it just switches to it. I've done Task Manager, and FS9 is still running, and I can switch back. Another 15-20 minutes, and back to the desktop I go. I have tried looking at the event log, but there is nothing there. I downloaded and ran a registry cleaner like someone on the forum suggested in another post. Didn't fix the problem. While this was happening, I noticed that I was also having a problem with Windows Defender. So, thinking that this was interfering with FS9 somehow, I uninstalled it, and have not reinstalled it. I have tried doing a System Restore back to Saturday, when everything was working. No dice. I have run all my virus protection programs, and they all found nothing. I haven't added or taken away anything from FS9 this week or last week. I tried using MSConfig to try to figure out what's running that is interfering with FS9, but came up emtpy. Nothing there has changed. I tried moving the FS9.cfg file out of its directory, but couldn't find it. As a matter of fact, I have had always had trouble finding it from day 1. But, FS9 knows where it is, so I haven't really given it much thought. Any ideas or things I can try? Has anybody else ever had this problem?Thanks for any help you guys can give me,Adam

Guest belga1

Hello,

FS9 switches to desktop. It does not crash to desktop, it just switches to it
Do you mean .. FS9 minimize ?The most basic thing for minimize FS9 is to hit the "windows" keyboard key... (if you are sure this is not a background processe like a autoupdate .. etc .. )For a simple answer ... maybe a keyboard problem ?Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hello,Do you mean .. FS9 minimize ?The most basic thing for minimize FS9 is to hit the "windows" keyboard key... (if you are sure this is not a background processe like a autoupdate .. etc .. )For a simple answer ... maybe a keyboard problem ?Regards.bye.gifGus.
Yes, FS9 minimizes itself to desktop.So, you think the keyboard is doing it all by itself? I haven't had any problems typing anything anywhere with the keyboard, and it hasn't done anything strange with any other programs. You would think it would be minimizing any program I have running, no?As far as background processes go, no I'm not sure this isn't the cause. I just don't know how to check for this, other than Task Manager and MSConfig. But, like I said, all is well in both of those places.Thanks,Adam

:( Thanks so much, guys!I am back in business!! Both the Event Monitor program and the Game Booster program did the trick. I traced the problem to what I believe to be a Java Quick Starter program, which makes complete sense now that I think about it. I did an update of my Java software on Tuesday, and have had this problem ever since, so that has to be it. Then, I did the Game Booster program (neat little program, by the way), and that shut off everything else that I didn't need running in the background. FS9 has been running for a solid 40 minutes now, with no interruptions.Thanks very much for all your help!! And, keep up the good work!!Happy flying!Adam :(

Guest belga1

Hello,Nice !So the words of the fighters pilots "check your six" (or in this case your background!) are true crazy_pilot.gifRegards.bye.gif

:( Glad it helped. Some of the programs that automatically update in the background, can be rather annoying.Happy flying..