Sign in to follow this  
Guest aspermont

PSS/POSKY 777 Merge with VC?

Guest aspermont

Hi,Today, I attempted a PSS/POSKY 777 merge, and everything is working great right now. But, I'd really like to have a working VC also, since that is where I do most of my flying. I tried several searches and saw several people who claimed to have successfully performed the merger with a working POSKY VC and model combined with the 2d panel and flight dynamics of the PSS 777. I wasn't able to get mine working.I'd appreciate if anybody could help me get the VC working!Below is the process that I used. I can clarify anything if you need me to. I basically copied this from a text file that I updated as I performed the merge, and it was originally intended for my own reference, so it might be a little ambiguous for others.First, I started with a fully functioning PSS 777-200LR and a fully functioning POSKY 777-200LR (V2, large cargo door) with a functioning VC.I performed the modifications to a copied PSS 772LR.1) Modified PSS aircraft.cfgChanges to PSS Aircraft.cfg: Flightsim.xx (now POSKY), contact points (now from a downloaded tutoral), force feedback (now from a downloaded tutoral), flight tuning (elevator trim effectiveness changes from 1.0 to 0.60)2) Copied POSKY aircraft textures (just Delta and Air Canada for now) into PSS-POSKY 777 aircraft merge folder3) Copied POSKY Model Folders into PSS-POSKY 777 aircraft merge folder4) Renamed original PSS panel folder. Copied panel folder from from PSS file 77704 (the root folder) into PSS-POSKY 777 aircraft merge folder.Copied all contents of POSKY panel folder into PSS-POSKY 777 aircraft merge Panel folder EXCEPT for the panel.cfg, autobrake folder, and "forward_640" and forward_1024".5) Deleted Vcockpit01 entry in PSS-POSKY panel.cfg and replaced this with Vcockpit01 to 04 entries from the POSKY panel.cfg.There might be a couple more steps that I failed to mention here. But, around this time, I tested out the aircraft, and found that the VC was missing. So, I re-downloaded all POSKY VC files, and installed them on my PSS-POSKY 777 as I had previously done on my POSKY 777 with a functioning VC.One of the things that confused me the most for this merge was the original format of the PSS installation, which uses sound and panel.cfg's from a master folder that all variants, 772LR, 772LRF, and 773ER feed into. I guess this is to save a little hard drive space?As I mentioned though, the 2d panel is working well with the merge. The VC is the only thing I'm lacking at this point.Thanks for any help!Eric

Guest aspermont

I have now basically cluttered my folders with every possible combination of programing that could possibly make the VC work with this merger, but still all I have is the POSKY model with PSS panel and flight dynamics.If anybody has ANY info at all that could help me out, then please post or PM. I have also searched similar topics, and none that relate to a successful VC merge have helped me. I must have made some small mistake in my process that has caused the VC to not work.

Guest aspermont

Just in case anybody was curious, I found the VC...literally. I had so meticulously merged these aircraft that I knew I must have made some simple, but major, mistake. It finally occurred to me that I had neglected to change the viewpoints for the new aircraft, as I had wanted to keep as much of the PSS 777 intact as possible, and this caused the resulting merged aircraft to default to a viewpoint forward and below where the VC is located, because of the model differences between the PSS and POSKY aircraft. After manually repositioning myself into the VC, it looks wonderful, and I now have a fully functional merged aircraft with VC. I still need to change the viewpoints, but this should be simple enough since the VC exists.Hopefully this might help with others who decide to perform this merge and experience a similar problem.

Guest swadeep

how do you trim aircraft on this merge? i mean how do u know how much to trim? i merged it too but i find rotating very hard as when i trim the value on the gauge in the pedestal is all weird..

Using a proper merge (not aliasing the panel) will allow you to use the PSS load editor & fuel planner which will give you the CoG%.Imputting the CoG% into the FMC with proper weights will give you your trim value.Viola!

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest swadeep
Using a proper merge (not aliasing the panel) will allow you to use the PSS load editor & fuel planner which will give you the CoG%.Imputting the CoG% into the FMC with proper weights will give you your trim value.Viola!
so pss 772LR is for the POSKY 772/772ER/LR and the PSS 77W is for the POSKY 773/77W right???