Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

TrackIR 4 Pro not detected in FSX anymore

Hi,All of a sudden I have the problem that FSX will not detect my TrackIR 4 Pro anymore. I did however since my last flight when all worked fine replace my FSX HDD with a new one but I'm not sure if that could be related to this problem in any way? Everything else in FSX works just fine since the HDD swap and I simply copied all files from the old drive to a temp backup drive and then back to the new drive.I'm running FSX SP2 on Windows 7 64-bit and using the 4.1 Build 37 TrackIR software since I have problems with lots of erratic movements in FSX when using the latest TrackIR software.Thanks alot in advance for your help how to get FSX detect my TrackIR again!//Richard

Richard Åsberg

I have now tried with the latest version of the TrackIR software but problem remains so must be something else going on, would really appreciate any help to solve this since it feels very boring to fly without the TrackIR once you've gotten used to it!

Richard Åsberg

Guest Staggerwing
I have now tried with the latest version of the TrackIR software but problem remains so must be something else going on, would really appreciate any help to solve this since it feels very boring to fly without the TrackIR once you've gotten used to it!
Try a different USB port...

Guest Heavy_Driver

Make sure that you are running both FSX and the TIR in admin mode, right click run as admin.

Richard,I don't want to sound ominous but that is something that has recently happened to me.After three years of using TrackIR 4... finito!The blue led lights is on and that's all. I tried both latest versions of the software (v4 and v5).I tried all possible USB sockets. Also nothing. There is no reaction in the software (the heads won't move).I have emailed the Natural Point support and Vincent shared my fear the TrackIR is seeing the end of its life.I'm not saying it is also your case, but at least be prepared. I was also getting erratics movements before it refused to work.I'm not skilled in electronics. Maybe there is something to fix inside. I don't know.I hope you will get yours working though!

Thanks for your input guys!As for changing USB ports I haven't tried that, however I did try unplugging the TrackIR and then plugged it in again and I also made sure my PC was absolutely clean from any old TrackIR software before installing the TrackIR ver 5 software both when it comes to the Registry and on a file-level. However I really don't think there's a HW issue in my case since the TrackIR works just fine when looking in the TrackIR software - the heads are moving just fine and I have all three green dots nicely centered. It's just in FSX it doesn't work, the blue LED never comes on no matter what I do and in what order I start TrackIR and FSX. Before this that never mattered, it would work regardless in what order I started the apps and as for running them in Admin mode I don't think that apply in my case since I have UAC disabled but just to make sure I have tried that too but problem remains.I did post over at Naturalpoint as well and I hope they will be able to help me and hopefully without having to reinstall my whole PC because I did that no that long ago and I really don't want to go through all that again...

Richard Åsberg

Guest Staggerwing
Thanks for your input guys!As for changing USB ports I haven't tried that, however I did try unplugging the TrackIR and then plugged it in again and I also made sure my PC was absolutely clean from any old TrackIR software before installing the TrackIR ver 5 software both when it comes to the Registry and on a file-level. However I really don't think there's a HW issue in my case since the TrackIR works just fine when looking in the TrackIR software - the heads are moving just fine and I have all three green dots nicely centered. It's just in FSX it doesn't work, the blue LED never comes on no matter what I do and in what order I start TrackIR and FSX. Before this that never mattered, it would work regardless in what order I started the apps and as for running them in Admin mode I don't think that apply in my case since I have UAC disabled but just to make sure I have tried that too but problem remains.I did post over at Naturalpoint as well and I hope they will be able to help me and hopefully without having to reinstall my whole PC because I did that no that long ago and I really don't want to go through all that again...
While you are waiting, why not plug into another USB port so your system will re-install the TrackIR just to see if it helps.... can't hurt and costs nothing.Also, make sure that TrackIR is set to see FSX location, If I remember right you need to enter that when you set it up at the start etc

Tried what you suggested to move the TrackIR to another USB port after first uninstalling the software as well as remove the device from Device Manager but still same problem I'm afraid. My best guess right now is that something in FSX that is needed for the connection with TrackIR to work is broken. Read somewhere that you could try reinstalling FSUIPC which I have also tried to no avail...seems to be a tricky one this!As for setting the FSX location I never did that before in the TrackIR software, at least not that I can remember and I don't even know where to set it should it be needed?

Richard Åsberg

Guest Staggerwing
Tried what you suggest to move the TrackIR to another USB port after first uninstalling the software as well as remove the device from Device Manager but still same problem I'm afraid. My best guess right now is that something in FSX that is needed for the connection with TrackIR to work is broken. Read somewhere that you could try reinstalling FSUIPC which I have also tried to no avail...seems to be a tricky one this!
And you do have your TrackIR profile assigned to flight/FSX?Try a PM to member NaturalPoint_Vince here at Avsim, he'll have some ideas for you.... he no doubt has not seen your topic yet or he would have replied already I'm sure..

Thanks, I'll try that and will report back here once I hopefully manage to solve this problem.

Richard Åsberg

Usually what I do when my TIR goes wonky is I unplug it, uninstall the software, reboot, reinstall the software, and plug it back in. That usually fixes the issue.

Thanks for trying to help but I already tried that many times in several different ways including doing it in Safe Mode but to no avail. Right now it looks like I'll have to reinstall FSX and in worst case my PC with Windows and everything to get my TIR to work with FSX again...feels all but amusing...

Richard Åsberg

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

OK, I think the issue is the moving of the FSX files/folders.This can play havok with the simconnect section of FSX, and if that gets broken so does the TrackIR support.My suggestion would be a clean install of FSX.

So...after MANY hours I finally finished reinstalling my FSX rig including Windows 7 and everything and thank God the TrackIR is working again...phew...Thanks anyway for all input and tips guys along the way and I do hope I'll not face this problem again!

Richard Åsberg

Guest Staggerwing
OK, I think the issue is the moving of the FSX files/folders.This can play havok with the simconnect section of FSX, and if that gets broken so does the TrackIR support.My suggestion would be a clean install of FSX.
Thanks Vince, helpful as usual, nice to have you around the place :(