Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Captainsim 767

Hello,Been a long time user of the Level-D 767 and when the FSX upgrade was made available, I didn't hesitate for a second and purchased it.The aircraft is clearly a port-over from the FS2004 version, but due to its qualities it didn't matter. I was (and am!) happy with it.Lately I've been gazing at the screenshots of the Captainsim 767. They look amazing. I've purchased the CS 757 for FS2004 and I have always had a love/hate relationship with it. Love the graphics, hate the buggy systems simulation and the not-so-great flightmodel. It has kept me from taking a look at the FSX version of the CS 757, as I'm patiently waiting for the Level-D 757.I would like to get some opinions on the CS 767 compared to the LDS 767. Should I invest the 50 euro's (basepack + freighter expansion) or should I stick with the LDS 767?

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

You'll lose some FPS with the Captain Sim 767, compared to the LDS one, or even the CS 757.

Petraeus

Guest Heavy_Driver

FPS hit yes, about 20%. Not good on the ramp.Grafically superior to LDS but NOT where avionics fidelity goes.

Hello,Been a long time user of the Level-D 767 and when the FSX upgrade was made available, I didn't hesitate for a second and purchased it.The aircraft is clearly a port-over from the FS2004 version, but due to its qualities it didn't matter. I was (and am!) happy with it.Lately I've been gazing at the screenshots of the Captainsim 767. They look amazing. I've purchased the CS 757 for FS2004 and I have always had a love/hate relationship with it. Love the graphics, hate the buggy systems simulation and the not-so-great flightmodel. It has kept me from taking a look at the FSX version of the CS 757, as I'm patiently waiting for the Level-D 757.I would like to get some opinions on the CS 767 compared to the LDS 767. Should I invest the 50 euro's (basepack + freighter expansion) or should I stick with the LDS 767?
HelloThe LDS 767 is NOT a port over, just check the Mdl file.FS9 version MDL8MDLHFSX version MDLXMDLHOr consider the fact that the FSX version has a seperate interior mdl , as do all native FSX aircraft.What leads you to believe that it is a port over?

Just wait for the Level D 757.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

HelloThe LDS 767 is NOT a port over, just check the Mdl file.FS9 version MDL8MDLHFSX version MDLXMDLHOr consider the fact that the FSX version has a seperate interior mdl , as do all native FSX aircraft.What leads you to believe that it is a port over?
Just the fact that the graphics from FS9 and FSX look identical; the FSX version was released within weeks of MS releasing FSX and nothing was updated compared to the FS9 version.Maybe some small things were done, but I'm quite convinced that the FS9 and FSX version use a lot of the same parts...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Guest Heavy_Driver

I have both the FS9 and FSX version of the LDS 763 and, ported or not, they look the same to me.

Just the fact that the graphics from FS9 and FSX look identical; the FSX version was released within weeks of MS releasing FSX and nothing was updated compared to the FS9 version.Maybe some small things were done, but I'm quite convinced that the FS9 and FSX version use a lot of the same parts...
HelloThe LDS 767 was originally ported to FSX within weeks you are correct .But later it was released with a completely new model made with the FSX Sdk as I have shown above.Check your version, If it does not have a seperate model file and the mdl file header shows MDL8MDLHthen you need to download the latest version and reinstall.Making a completely new model for FSX as LDS did is not "some small things" it was a complete rebuildBut lets not let facts get in the way. as long as you are happy and "quite convinced" that's fine.

HelloThe LDS 767 was originally ported to FSX within weeks you are correct .But later it was released with a completely new model made with the FSX Sdk as I have shown above.Check your version, If it does not have a seperate model file and the mdl file header shows MDL8MDLHthen you need to download the latest version and reinstall.Making a completely new model for FSX as LDS did is not "some small things" it was a complete rebuildBut lets not let facts get in the way. as long as you are happy and "quite convinced" that's fine.
By latest version, you mean with Servicepack? That's the only one I can find. Need to check if I have that installed :(

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

I doubted whether I should have started a thread on this, because I have just returned to the LDS767 from the CS767. Honestly, the CS767 is a remarkable aircraft. Beautiful, and the ability to walk from the cockpit to the very back of the plane is great. I greatly enjoyed the CS767, but ultimately, it misses one thing: you can't save panel states. I want to fly long distances, and so I need to save panel states. Plus, the fidelity of the simulation of the LDS767 simply is a lot better. Frame hit is also less, but I wouldn't worry too much about the frame hit. I really didn't think it was as big a problem as people made me believe.So, in short, while the CS767 is great, a lovely simulation that looks and feels absolutely stunning, I felt the need to get back to the LDS767 for its advanced feature, of which one is the ability to save panel states. By all means, get the CS767, it is a great product. I will use it for shorter flights. For long flights I'll have the LDS767 by my side.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

By latest version, you mean with Servicepack? That's the only one I can find. Need to check if I have that installed :(
HelloJust get the latest wrapper from flight 1 and reinstall.what does your mdl file reveal?

HelloJust get the latest wrapper from flight 1 and reinstall.what does your mdl file reveal?
Can't check right now. I am currently in the transition to my new computer system.But I will download the latest wrapper and use that. Thanks for clearing it up.As for CS's 76, I think I'll wait for a while to see how the LDS 757 turns out. I sincerely hope they also model the freighter version, since that's what I'm missing the most on their 76'.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Hi,How do I check this .. where is it located?I have never checked it prior.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Download this file from the libraries:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=114136Then you can run it and browse to your FSX/simobjects/aircraft folder or any specific folder to see if the model was compiled using the FSX SDK (native fsx model)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the information.It worked great.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW