Sign in to follow this  
PatP

Opening Doors

Hello,Does anybody know of the key commands for opening doors on the PMDG 747?I've tried the conventional Shift-E-1/2/3/4, but haven't been able to do it. ThanksPatrick Prendergast

Use the pmdg options keycommand menu to assign keys to the doors. Also make sure the same keys are not assigned by MSFS. I deleted all the default assignments except the ones I use.

Dan Downs KCRP

and the options keycommand menu is the one within the simulator correct? Because I've looked for it before and couldn't find anything to do with key commands.Patrick Prendergast

Roger, its not described in the TITLE AND MENUS chapter, but under ADD-ONS pmdg keycommands.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just one more question..Would you know how to place the sound set from the cockpit into the wingview so it would seem like you're actually inside the cabin? And speaking of the cabin, are there any other virtual cabins available, or is the one that comes with the package the only one?Thanks for you're assistance.Patrick Prendergast

Hello,Does anybody know of the key commands for opening doors on the PMDG 747?I've tried the conventional Shift-E-1/2/3/4, but haven't been able to do it. ThanksPatrick Prendergast
Patrick, As Dan said, it is in the PMDG add-ons menu top left of the screen when you activate with ALT button.Remember, to activate doors you need to find vacant key combinations to assign to actions. This can be trial and error and or remove some of the FSX codes you may not ever use, then use them in the PMDG add ons, key assignment menu.Another point is to make sure you carry out the pre-start for the aircraft from cold and dark state so all warning messages are removed. Otherwise several of the door actions will not work, especially if you rely on Shift+E etc for start up, as this will not provide correct electrical/hydraulic paths for the doors to operate. If you want, I can PM the codes I used.

Geoff Bryce

Just one more question..Would you know how to place the sound set from the cockpit into the wingview so it would seem like you're actually inside the cabin? And speaking of the cabin, are there any other virtual cabins available, or is the one that comes with the package the only one?Thanks for you're assistance.Patrick Prendergast
Hey Patrick, The sounds are a bit loud but no, there is no normal way to tone them down. However, I was never fond of the sound of inside of a wind sock, so I modified mine with Adobe Soundbooth.I modified them by turning them down a few decibels. The main ones that give the screatching sound are the two wind files. I don't know if you have any programs to do this, but here is their locations and what I did to keep it real, yet quiet it down. Some I actually liked and wanted to hear them a bit more so gave them a minor boost.\\FSX\Sound\PMDG\747400PMDG747_GEARDOWN +3 dbPMDG747_GEARUP +3 dbPMDG747_TCHDN +3 dbPMDG747_TCHDN2 +3 dbPMDG747_TCHDN3 +3 dbPMDG747_WIND -11 db *These two are your main noise makers. I never tried just removing them, but you could always try, just remember where they went. This is of course if you can't do as I have done.xPMDG747_WIND -11 dbI also modified these a tad:\\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400PMDG747_PACKS_SPLUP -3 dbPMDG747_PACKS_SPLDN -3 dbPMDG747_PACKS -3 dbPMDG747_AVFANS -3 dbPMDG747_AVFANS_SPLDN -3 dbPMDG747_AVFANS_SPLUP -3 dbPMDG_APDisconnect -3 dbPMDG747_MSTRCAUTION -3 dbPMDG747_MSTRWARN -3 dbPMDG747_MSTRWARN2 -3 dbPMDG747_CONFIGWARN -3 dbGood luck

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Patrick, As Dan said, it is in the PMDG add-ons menu top left of the screen when you activate with ALT button.Remember, to activate doors you need to find vacant key combinations to assign to actions. This can be trial and error and or remove some of the FSX codes you may not ever use, then use them in the PMDG add ons, key assignment menu.Another point is to make sure you carry out the pre-start for the aircraft from cold and dark state so all warning messages are removed. Otherwise several of the door actions will not work, especially if you rely on Shift+E etc for start up, as this will not provide correct electrical/hydraulic paths for the doors to operate. If you want, I can PM the codes I used.
As I noted elsewhere, I spent a fair amount of time with the 744 this weekend, and noticed in the PMDG menu that there were options for "Passenger Stairs" and various loaders. I assigned keys to them and tried to make them do stuff, but nothing happened. Does anyone know 1) what these exactly do (I assumed little trucks would drive up or something) and 2) why it didn't work for me? Thanks.

As I noted elsewhere, I spent a fair amount of time with the 744 this weekend, and noticed in the PMDG menu that there were options for "Passenger Stairs" and various loaders. I assigned keys to them and tried to make them do stuff, but nothing happened. Does anyone know 1) what these exactly do (I assumed little trucks would drive up or something) and 2) why it didn't work for me? Thanks.
Hi Doug,The stairs work great, and are for the freighter, as as are the loaders. They are a very real looking graphic painted against the hull of the aircraft up against the door. The loader will not appear until the relevant cargo door is open. As I said in another post, make sure the aircraft pre-start is completed correctly. Not too sure about 'little trucks' driving about..have not found that bit yet. I think one of the great things about the PMDG products...you keep finding new animations.

Geoff Bryce

I'll try that Dan thanks. But I've seen videos where a cabin sound set plays when on the wing view, instead of sounds from outside of the plane. Would you know how to do this?And Geoff.. is there a way to assign shift+(letter)+(number) in the key commands for PMDG?Last thing.. i've been able to open the cargo door on the 747, but how do I get the luggage carts to dock with the plane. They don't seem to move...Thanks againPatrick Prendergast

I'll try that Dan thanks. But I've seen videos where a cabin sound set plays when on the wing view, instead of sounds from outside of the plane. Would you know how to do this?
Not sure I follow. Can you post the link to the vid? I have made a lot of video's and it could be just a dub over perhaps?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I'll try that Dan thanks. But I've seen videos where a cabin sound set plays when on the wing view, instead of sounds from outside of the plane. Would you know how to do this?And Geoff.. is there a way to assign shift+(letter)+(number) in the key commands for PMDG?Last thing.. i've been able to open the cargo door on the 747, but how do I get the luggage carts to dock with the plane. They don't seem to move...Thanks againPatrick Prendergast
Hi Patrick,I do not know how to get the shift+letter+number combination to work. When you try, FSX says combination used etc, but it also says to 'use anyway", so, maybe give it a try. I do recall seeing some where on the forum, some one saying how to map these commands and their ranges, but it appeared very involved and way beyond my abilities. I think easier to simply remove some of the FSX basic commands you do not use and re-assign them. I actually downloaded all of the FSX commands into Excel and sorted them to find the "holes" or the commands I will not use. As for the loaders. I can only get them to work on the Freighters and they get pretty close, but they are static, eg, nothing moves. See the example.

Geoff Bryce

I think easier to simply remove some of the FSX basic commands you do not use and re-assign them.
Totally agree, Whenever I have to create a new config.xml in FSX, I will spend the time to go through each of my controls and delete tons and tons of FSX defauts. It is nice to never need to worry if I'm over writing something important other than the first time ;)

Dan Prunier

Hi,there is a solution to enable animations of the FSX default luggage vehicles for the PMDG B744 PAX version.b744_ags.jpgPlease have a look at my private homepage for instructions:banner.jpgBest regards,Marc Westhofen