Sign in to follow this  
mareng69

PMDG 747 FMC

Hello,I just re-installed FS9 due to missing terrain and scenery files and when I startup the FMC and enter ICAO airport position I get "not in database"I have installed the PMDG747-400_Update_1.2.zip update. My lastest airac is 0911 from navigraph.

Please sign your name to posts in this forum.Which ICAO? Verify the sidstars and navdata are both 0911.

Dan Downs KCRP

Please sign your name to posts in this forum.Which ICAO? Verify the sidstars and navdata are both 0911.
I started in KSFO and yes the sidsstars and navdata are 0911. I can see them in the PMDG folder.Jeff Smith

Well, KSFO is most certainly in the database. Is it the only location with the error?If the navdata is in FMCWP/NAVDATA and the sidstar files are in PMDG/SIDSTARS then this is a puzzle.Basically, all that is required for an ICAO to be accepted is for it to exist in the airports.dat and wpNavAPT.txt files. If you get an error on selecting a runway, then the problem might be navdata and sidstar file not agreeing on runways, which will happen if these files are different cycles and there have been changes.These are just text files, there is a navdata data dictionary at the pmdg ops wiki site so you could investigate.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Thank you for your reply. This is puzzling. I normally fly using my laptop, but now that it's finally died after 7 years, I am forced to return to my PC. My pc has FS9 & PMDG on it, but I have not flown on this machine in about 2 years. Prior to opening FS9 (wanting to fly on this machine again), I downloaded the currrent AIRAC navdata & sids/stars from navigraph. This was accomplished with no problem. I also downloaded the PMDG 2004 Update from PMDG. I also updated my FSNav from navigraph, also with no problem. When I went into the FSNav database to create the navdata, I noticed there were NO scenery files. This puzzled me but I ignored it. When I started up FS9 (first time in over 2 years) I had an error that some scenery and textgure files were missing and FS9 failed to open. I uninstalled FS9 and re-installed. I added the nocd.exe file for FS9 and opened everything without any problem.In KSFO in the PMDG 744 I prepared a flight from KSFO-NSFA and had not problems with the FMC. The data was for the current airac cycle, but when I got to the position page and selected KSFO into the ICAO airport, I received "not in database" I used the GPS current position for the position and moved onto the route page. I had the .rte in my PMDG folder as KSFONSFA and when inserted also received the error "not in database". When I checked my PMDG.SIDSTARS FOLDER I could see all the ICAO airports there with the current dates of download (day I updated from navigraph). When I checked the KSFO text file all looks normal.I remember with navigraph on one of the original downloads which included the sids and stars that it placed these in a different folder. I will continue researching and thank you for your time.

Jeff-PLEASE NOTE: You MUST sign our name to posts in this forum. If you can't remember to do this- please add a signature tag to your AVSim account and you won't have us nagging at you and deleting your posts...It is worth checking that you have the NAVDATA installed in the right place.For FS9 products:FS2004/FMCWP/NavdataFor FSX Products:FSX/PMDG/NavdataHope that helps.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com