Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Your favorite PMDG?

Hey guys, Was just curious which PMDG's do you own? Which would you say is your favorite? And why?For Me:FSX: 747-400FSX: MD-11747-400 is my Favorite still, but then again, I have just started with the MD-11. I have always loved the 747, all models. I think it's also the feeling of accomplishment of getting this big beast from A to B. Lastly, was my favorite as a kid (747--300 back then though :( )Still debating on the JS41, I'm sure I'll get it, but rather learn and commit the MD-11 to memory first before attempting another ;-)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

FS9PMDG-747/400PMDG-737/6-7-8-900My favourite is...both:The 744 for systems and autoflight training (too heavy for hand flying IMO)The 737 for short hops and hand flying, very responsive, forgives almost every mistake.

The 744 for systems and autoflight training (too heavy for hand flying IMO)
I normally fly the SID by hand, then regain manual control for decent and landing. I have done full (short) flights entirely manual with not many problems. ILS manual landings in 1/16th viz is my new happy hour :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

FS9Beech 1900c/d 737 800/900MD-11FSXBeech 1900c747xMD-11Js4100I think my favourite has to be the Queen of the skies (747). I had this as an 'illegal' download and found it was soooo brilliant I decided to purchase it and it got me back into simming. I know thats a bit of an admission (If Ryan reads this) but it's a testament to how good it is I reckon.John Ellison

for FS9...PMDG 744for FSX... PMDG 744that's it -nothing else. imho, best FS addon A/C happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Hey guys,Was just curious which PMDG's do you own? Which would you say is your favorite? And why?For Me:FSX: 747-400FSX: MD-11747-400 is my Favorite still, but then again, I have just started with the MD-11. I have always loved the 747, all models. I think it's also the feeling of accomplishment of getting this big beast from A to B. Lastly, was my favorite as a kid (747--300 back then though :( )Still debating on the JS41, I'm sure I'll get it, but rather learn and commit the MD-11 to memory first before attempting another ;-)
That's like picking a favorite child. ;)Last week I would have said the MD-11. But, I did a couple 744 flights this weekend and it really is a joy too. I like the JS41, of course, but, my biggest problem with it is that I like to start from some sort of non-running state, and the JS41 doesn't let me do that very easily. Its great for short hops though.I run FSX, so I'm looking forward to the 737.

As I only have 2 PMDG products, the 737NG and the Beech 1900C/D, I have to say both. I like the fact that once I got everything sorted out, I can fly the 1900 in FSX (I put all the guages in the panel folder instead of how it is recommended in the PMDG Wiki and one needs to move some extra files for everything to show up).

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

J41 most certainoly, and the Dash, when will we hear more ?

Agreed!MD-11 for FS9 is their finest product!Regards,Bruno FontesRio de Janeiro

IMHO the MD-11 is their finest product. I own the 744, Md-11 and and the JS4100

The more I used the 744 the better it got. Partly because I started venturing into different flying techniques or procedures, and seeing more detail and realism that I hadn't before. Seeing things like the Elec bus page be blanked out (as it should) when below 1500' when on a full cat 3 approach :) I love watching other systems react to startup also. I still like to have the EICAS open while I run through start up just to watch the systems come alive, tiz great! I still fumble around the MD-11 since I'm new at it, but have already noticed a ton of things that have the attention to detail that I crave.

Dan Prunier

Hey guys, Was just curious which PMDG's do you own? Which would you say is your favorite? And why?For Me:FSX: 747-400FSX: MD-11747-400 is my Favorite still, but then again, I have just started with the MD-11. I have always loved the 747, all models. I think it's also the feeling of accomplishment of getting this big beast from A to B. Lastly, was my favorite as a kid (747--300 back then though :( )Still debating on the JS41, I'm sure I'll get it, but rather learn and commit the MD-11 to memory first before attempting another ;-)
THE NEXT ONE. I own everyone they built and the improvement over the years has been incredible. Looking for the next one.Richard S. Churchill

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Guest 413X3

I just can't get into the MD-11 yet, probably because I grew to love the 747 systems so much. I can complete a checklist backwards, program my routes in the FMC, can start her up from cold and dark to ready to taxi in the 10 minutes it takes to align the INSOnce I have enough money for a new computer I can't wait to fly the 747 in FSX again. I hope to have an i7 by the beginning of the year

I just can't get into the MD-11 yet, probably because I grew to love the 747 systems so much. I can complete a checklist backwards, program my routes in the FMC, can start her up from cold and dark to ready to taxi in the 10 minutes it takes to align the INSOnce I have enough money for a new computer I can't wait to fly the 747 in FSX again. I hope to have an i7 by the beginning of the year
I hear ya. I also love the Boeing systems and am definitely much more use to them. I am slowly learning the McDonald Douglas systems and so far can say I prefer the FMC of Boeing vs MD, but think I am starting to like the overall FMS of the MD better.So much time flying Boeing, it makes ya think the other systems would be the same or closer. One thing I really like better in the MD is the way the Autothrottle works, and the way the overall systems are more automatic.

Dan Prunier