Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Your favorite PMDG?

Guest 413X3

I disliked the auto throttle, I probably wasn't doing it right but I could never get her slowed down correctly for an approach, had to take manual control. To me, nothing beats putting the exact knot you want to go and having the Boeing follow it

I disliked the auto throttle, I probably wasn't doing it right but I could never get her slowed down correctly for an approach, had to take manual control. To me, nothing beats putting the exact knot you want to go and having the Boeing follow it
So far, mainly what I like about the AT, is the 'Speed Protection' that seems to adjust the speed better when nailed in the face with high winds. The way TO thrust takes over rather than needing to press TO/GA, and not having to disconnect it during landing (Self disconnects on Flare).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

For me every new product from PMDG replaces the previous. I started with B1900 (which replaced Level-D767) - I took my first IVAO online exam with it. Then I learned all three manuals for the 747 by heart and I could say that placed in a real 747 cockpit I would be able to operate it. Then the same applied to the MD-11.. My favourite beauty...And now I'm on my J41 doing rounds in Alaska and the turboprops are all I can think of...What can I say.... PMDG is always one step in front of us and always miles in front of the others - bottom line - keep up guys (from PMDG) you have set your own levels pretty high!

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

The JS41 is great because it requires attention throughout the flight. And I love flying it on Vatsim because its slow speed and low cruise altitude tends to catch the controllers unaware - they are so used to jets that you can almost hear gears grinding as they try to fit you in with everyone else :(The MD11 is another fantastic airplane, and I'm addicted to the failure system that makes cruise flight so much more interesting. Great performer on FSX, too.The FSX version of the 747 is a bit hard on my ageing computer, so I fly it less than the other two.

I only own two PMDG products, the 744 & MD-11 for FS9. I love them both equally :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I have all 3 FSX Products from PMDGI have to say, I only flew the 747 when I bought it, then, when the MD-11 came out, only the MD-11 was flown and now mostly I end up with the J41So I do not have my favorite PMDG Aircraft, I love them all :-)

I have flown all of them in FS2009 not yet got the FSX version as my PC is a little slow to run it smooth however I use the J41 in FSX with not much problem. They are all first rate but if I must pick one it would be the MD 11.

747-400747FMD11All 3 for FS9 and I use and love them equally and I have no intention to move to FSX, since I havetons and tons of sceneries for FS9 and I really enjoy my sim, specially since I got a 64-bit system for it.Never had a problem flying hours and hours since./ Leffe

Guest 747-fan

747X, but i wish it was more frame rate friendly. MD11 for the fantastic "feel" of the aircraft. Very different.JS41 for being the best short hop aircraft out there with regards to systems modelling.I love them all. I really can't wait for their 737 for FSX!

I own the 737NG (all variations), the 747 (both pax and cargo) and the MD-11, all for FS9. I gave the JS41 a pass, since it doesn't fly on any routes that I frequent and I'm yet to get FSX working smoothly on my high-end machine (I guess I'm retarded). Granted, the MD-11 doesn't fly on most of the routes I frequent either and I can count the number of times I've flown her on two hands, but the system modeling is just so superb, I had to buy her, if just for that reason alone.My favourite PMDG aircraft however is the venerable 737NG. Sure, she's lightyears behind her older siblings, but she introduced me to PMDG and I fly her more often than any other aircraft. Heck, I still remember how anxiously we awaited her arrival :)

IMO the MD-11 is the best aircraft out there... Not only among PMDG products. I've tested quite a lot of addon planes but this particular one changed my whole world of flightsimming, I was simply shocked. As for the Jetstream, the VC is a masterpiece but it's not exactly the type of aircraft I like to fly. My expectations for the NGX are now very very high... If you combine the JS41 visuals and MD11 systems modelling and overall feel then you might get something really amazing.

Guest SkullxBones

747I'd love to see them refresh the Queen when they get enough data from the 747-800.Jeff P.

747I'd love to see them refresh the Queen when they get enough data from the 747-800.Jeff P.
Agree, I'd love to see a refined make over of the queen as well, but I'm sure many many new aircraft will be introduced before revisits are done.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I think my favourite has to be the Queen of the skies (747). I had this as an 'illegal' download and found it was soooo brilliant I decided to purchase it and it got me back into simming. I know thats a bit of an admission (If Ryan reads this) but it's a testament to how good it is I reckon.John Ellison
Yeah that is some admission. Back in the day I used to 'try' products I wasn't sure about or weren't available from vendors that had a return policy by downloading the 'illegal' version first to make sure. If I liked it I always uninstalled the 'illegal' version and bought it from the manufacturer. If I didn't like it, I uninstalled and was glad to have saved the money by not purchasing it and being stuck with it. I quit doing it though because even though I always bought the stuff I liked and deleted the ones I didn't I started to feel funny about it, plus was always worried I was going to get in trouble or mess up my computer by getting a virus version. Now, I just wait get a lot of user input and make the best choice I can. My all time favorite PMGD product is the 737NG 600-700 package for FS9. Tried the Beech and didn't care for it. It was a little to 'Express' for me.Can't wait until the FSX version is ready, along with the Dash 8.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator