Sign in to follow this  
concorde11

Overhead Panel Textures Problem 747 FS9

Hi guys,I recently installed the PMDG 747 version 1.2 to FS9 on my new computer (27" iMac running Windows XP via Bootcamp). As I was going through the different panels I noticed that the overhead panel had some overlapping textures that didn't match the resolution of the rest of the overhead. In addition, these overlapping textures were night textures. I uninstalled the 747 and then reinstalled it, but before updating to 1.2, I decided to look at the overhead panel in the 747 version 1.1. In 1.1 all textures were fine. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this problem?I've included two screenshots of the overhead panel in 1.2, one taken during the day, one during the night.Thanks for your help in advance,Daniel

Daniel Walton

Yeah, I've reinstalled 1.2 once and the problem was still there. I've now uninstalled 1.2 again and I'm currently running version 1.1.Daniel

Daniel Walton

Okay, I just realized that the problem also exists in version 1.1, but only at night. Could this have something to do with my screen resolution (2560X1440)?If anybody has any more ideas as to how to fix this problem I would really appreciate it.Daniel

Daniel Walton

Sorry, the photo attachments went away for some reason. Here are some links to the screenshots on photobucket:http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q101/sb...e1/Screen04.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q101/sb...e1/Screen03.jpg
Hi George, just wanted to let you know I am having the same problem. Fresh install on Windows7 64bit, 2048x1152 monitor. Everything is ok, but my overhead panel looks exactly the same.If anyone has the answer please let us know.Thanks,Menno C. Robert

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Hi George, just wanted to let you know I am having the same problem. Fresh install on Windows7 64bit, 2048x1152 monitor. Everything is ok, but my overhead panel looks exactly the same.If anyone has the answer please let us know.Thanks,Menno C. Robert
hi Guys,This has the look of using screen resolutions which distort the original images.Have you tried adjusting your screen resolutions and checking the results?Norman Bowman

hi Guys,This has the look of using screen resolutions which distort the original images.Have you tried adjusting your screen resolutions and checking the results?Norman Bowman
Hi Norman, thank you for your reply.Yes, Windows font size and screen resolution are set to standard. I have also updated the C++ runtime, unfortunately to no avail.Menno C. Robert

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Hi Norman, thank you for your reply.Yes, Windows font size and screen resolution are set to standard. I have also updated the C++ runtime, unfortunately to no avail.Menno C. Robert
To keep this topic alive hoping PMDG will think with us to find a solution, the screen resolution is indeed the problem. When setting it to the traditional screen size of 1024x768x32 all is ok. My new screen however is set to 2048x1152x32, it

Menno 

For those running into the same problems, I have sort of a solution.I had to reinstall the 747 since the install of the Level 767 had disrupted my 747 gauges as well (I read a post here about the same problem). After having installed the base version and the sound upgrade, I checked if all worked well. The overhead panel looked just great. Installing the update to version 1.2 unfortunately lead to the same disrtupted overhed panel again. Installing the freighter version did not change that any more.So my solution is: uninstall the Queen, and reinstall the base package and the sound update if you can live without having the update and the freighter version and its extra

Menno 

Try reinstalling the 747. Like uninstall completely. Install the 747 BUT when you go apply the patch, re download 1.2. I once was updating my PMDG for FSX and for some reason the patch was making my FSX crash on start. After a couple installs I just redownloaded the patch and it worked.Taylor Oldham

Try reinstalling the 747. Like uninstall completely. Install the 747 BUT when you go apply the patch, re download 1.2. I once was updating my PMDG for FSX and for some reason the patch was making my FSX crash on start. After a couple installs I just redownloaded the patch and it worked.Taylor Oldham
Hi,Meanwhile I have learned from PMDG that the 747-400(X) was not developed for wide screen monitors. Hence the tearing of the upper panel in both FS9 and FSX. However, has this been solved with the release of the 747-800x? In other words, if I also purchase the 748, would I also get newly developed panels?Yes, I am also using FSXThanks,Menno

Menno