Sign in to follow this  
JBM

Aircraft Shakes Violently

Guest belga1

Hello,

Happy to hear someone else had this problem!!!lolWhen did it start shaking for you? at 1500 feet at 250knots the plane shakes for me and the over speed warning isn't present..... is there something that has to be changed in the aircraft.txt?
Exact same phenomena.I never go further for modify this behavior.Note:FS2004 aircrat realism settings ON and full.Regards.bye.gifGus.

Where this problem only happens with this particular aircraft.... there must be an adjustment that can be done....

Where this problem only happens with this particular aircraft.... there must be an adjustment that can be done....
it is freeware, the only cost at this time to you is time (and frustration) ... uninstall and look for another model.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Where there's so few business jets I would rather try to get this one to work properly... :(

I believe the air file is a modified FS9 737-400 air file from the default aircraft collection.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

What XLS+? Ayrus? Beats me... they're theives, so I have nothing to do with 'em :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest napamule

JBM,I can't help with the 'thieves' part (there are just TOO MANY of them out there) but I think this will make your day go smoother, since you like the models. If they were payware I wouldn't even bother. (Zip files (names) are at FltSimCom library-I can't get into this site's library without changing my name-hehe).Cessna 680 Citation Sovereign - NetJets (N372QS)aryus_c630_nja_n372qs.zip, (11/2008) - 'Beta'Cessna Citation Excel - Citation Shares (N556CS)aryus_c56x_fiv_n556cs.zip (4/2009)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cfg changes to fix 'shaking'://MOI'sempty_weight_pitch_MOI = 72000 //o= 49967empty_weight_roll_MOI = 97000 //o= 71681empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 170000 //o= 128000//Autopilot change-to inable speed control (for the 'alias' (also 'stolen'?) Lear 45 panel).autothrottle_arming_required= 0 //o=1autothrottle_max_rpm = 125 //o=90--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I flew XLS and Sovereign for 2 hours. At SL (6000 Ft) they will do 420 Kts (minus the overspeed warning-thank you very much) and at 30,000 Ft it will cruise at 263 Kts, M 0.69, with also 67 N1. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Note: The fuel flow was my only 'gripe' as it's rather 'touchy' where a slight increase/decrease of throttle will cause a 'too fast, and too quick' a speed change' (which makes for difficult speed management on ILS aproach). Hand landing is 'ok', due to ability to manually set the pitch trim and the throttle for 'ideal' aproach speed. Still, it feels 'odd'. But I plan to 'work' with this fuel flow/scaler. It's got 'possibilities'. I'll start on it tomorrow as today is my day off.BUT, what more could you ask of Aryes for these 2 excellent (and FREE) Citation model(s). Payware would really like to be able to brag that their models are this good. Otherwise, hand flying of these a/c is rather pleasant, as Aryes bunch most definitely got it 'right'. Few a/c feel as 'solid' as these models !!! I DO like them too much already. 'Round the World' pilots take notice (these leave the Lears behind). And you didn't have to steal them-they are FREE. (HELLO!)Chuck BNapamule

The pilot and copilot faces are Eaglesoft personnel. So... think I'm stretching the truth here?Even the third-party paints are still using Eaglesoft personnel's faces.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Chuck,Thank you!!!! It fixed the problem! I knew there was someone out there that could help! I agree with you that there are a few other things that should be changed, but as you mentioned.... its a freeware model so we should just be happy we got it. On the Citation XLS+, there are two lights on the horizontal stabilizer. My understand from looking at picture online is that they are not strobes like in the model but white lights that opperate with the navigation lights. I looked in the aircraft.cfg and didn't find them there. Would you know where I can edit them? Are they something to do with the actual model?

Guest napamule

JBM,(Is the 'coast clear'? hehe). Just kidding. Yes the lights are part of model so there is no way to change that ('you can't get there from here'.)I left out ref speeds (to defeat the 'overspeed' noise) and they left out the radios section (rookie beta testers?).[Reference Speeds]flaps_up_stall_speed= 118.0 //Knots True (KTAS)full_flaps_stall_speed= 92.6 //Knots True (KTAS)cruise_speed= 445.0 //458.7 //Knots True (KTAS)max_mach= 0.85max_indicated_speed= 445.0 //295 /Red line (KIAS)[RADIOS]// RADIO TYPE=AVAILIABLE, STANDBY FREQ, HAS GLIDE SLOPEAUDIO.1=1COM.1=1, 1COM.2=1, 1NAV.1=1, 1, 1NAV.2=1, 1, 0ADF.1=1TRANSPONDER.1=1MARKER.1=1When doing an ILS aproach, you need to mouse click the 'APR' button when 7 miles out and again 4 miles out so the trim pitch can 'kick in'. Otherwise you will 'land short' (by 2 miles) as it does not 'lock' the glide slope, in other words. (Needs air file tweak to auto pilot section(s)).And about the theivery. Since simmers got hold of the free version, even if it has 'stolen' parts, I am helping the simmers, and not the author. That I like the model, as far as how it handles, should not be taken as any kind of endorsement or approval of any piracy. It's a shame he did not make the model based on his own talent. Didn't need no pilots for the model to be enjoyed and worthy of praise. Bad business and bad Karma. But, he DID raise the bar for those that are going to put out any 'Citation' (ie: converted Lear 45) in the future. Got to give him that.Chuck BNapamule

Thanks for the help Napamule!Its too bad about the light on the XLS... I made some changes to the exterior light effect and added interior lights....It would be nice to make an alpha (I think thats what you call the night texture:P) for the 680..... and some more repaints! :(

And about the theivery. Since simmers got hold of the free version, even if it has 'stolen' parts, I am helping the simmers, and not the author. That I like the model, as far as how it handles, should not be taken as any kind of endorsement or approval of any piracy. It's a shame he did not make the model based on his own talent. Didn't need no pilots for the model to be enjoyed and worthy of praise. Bad business and bad Karma. But, he DID raise the bar for those that are going to put out any 'Citation' (ie: converted Lear 45) in the future. Got to give him that.Chuck BNapamule
Actually, I suspect he stole a lot more than just some textures... but it's much harder to prove. As for the flight dynamics... waaay off base, but... it's free, right? :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

HelloJBM and napamule What WarpD is trying to get across to you two is that this Freeware aircraft contains stolen copywrite material.You either don't care or are too stupid to not realize that using this Freeware make you just as much a thief as the developer that originaly stole the materials.And to carry on discussing this aircraft in the presence of the person who was stolen from is just plain rude.

Guest belga1

Hello,

that this Freeware aircraft contains stolen copywrite material.
That can't be true.Avsim is worldwide know for not host any pirated softwares or addon's.They are very clever at it.If you can proof the contrary .. I have open a bank account at the OBOBR* bank065-678567-90This is a fund for finance the laywers for sue the allegedly pirate !Send money there.* Offshore Bank Of Bananna RepublicNow .. can we be more serious and stick to the very interesting technical stuff commented by Napamule ?new_asthanos.gifRegards.Gus.bye.gif