Sign in to follow this  
JBM

Aircraft Shakes Violently

Hello All, Over the year's I've downloaded aircraft that, at certain speeds, even if it isn't in over speed, shake violently. I can't see what would cause this in the aircraft.cfg, so I'm assuming it

Hello All, Over the year's I've downloaded aircraft that, at certain speeds, even if it isn't in over speed, shake violently. I can't see what would cause this in the aircraft.cfg, so I'm assuming it's something to do with the modeling?Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated!!
Can you provide an example (link to a specific aircraft) so perhaps one of us can see if we can duplicate the issue?

Not familiar with that plane, but it can only be the FDE - the model is simply for the visual aspect of the plane that you see, otherwise it could just as well be a brick that flies in FS...Philip.

Not familiar with that plane, but it can only be the FDE - the model is simply for the visual aspect of the plane that you see, otherwise it could just as well be a brick that flies in FS...Philip.
When you say the FDE... you mean the aircraft.txt?

I just downloaded it - aryus_works_citation_sovereign.zip - from the library here (I assume that is the aircraft in question) - and although it is listed as a BETA version, it flew just fine for me - no shaking whatsoever at any speed. And I did take it well beyond the Overspeed limit too. :(

Really???? that sucks for me!lol He made an XLS+ too, no problems with that one. Its after 250knots that the problem starts for me. only at lower alt.....

Really???? that sucks for me!lol He made an XLS+ too, no problems with that one. Its after 250knots that the problem starts for me. only at lower alt.....
Got another example we can try?If so, please provide the complete filename (xxxxx.zip) and if you got it somewhere other than the Avsim library.

There have been other models that have had this problem...but its only been in overspeed......but I was talking to a friend and he had the same problem.....

There have been other models that have had this problem...but its only been in overspeed......but I was talking to a friend and he had the same problem.....
Well overspeed is just what it means - if that message appears you are flying the aircraft above it's rated limits and sooner or later a wing will come off or worse. Shuttering (as you described it) may be an advance warning of impending doom.Keep aircraft below the overspeed limit is my advice.

With the Citation though it takes place at 250knots....which is under the over speed of 330knots

Guest belga1

Hello,I had also this problem at the release of this plane .. so I contacted by mail the author.Answer was :The plane shake cause you go overspeed.Regards.bye.gifGus.

Happy to hear someone else had this problem!!!lolWhen did it start shaking for you? at 1500 feet at 250knots the plane shakes for me and the over speed warning isn't present..... is there something that has to be changed in the aircraft.txt?