Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Another $15 Special on the Lionheart Epic Lt

Just saw this posted over at the REX web forum.http://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/product.p...=1&featuredAfter having purchased the Kodiak for $15 and being really happy with it I may give this one a try as well.Anyone here have it that can give some input before I buy? I was figuring that if it's anywhere near as enjoyable as the Kodiak, but faster, it would be a good deal for $15.Thanks in advance, I will hold off for a few hours to see if anyone replies with opinions on it.Regards,Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just saw this posted over at the REX web forum.http://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/product.p...=1&featuredAfter having purchased the Kodiak for $15 and being really happy with it I may give this one a try as well.Anyone here have it that can give some input before I buy? I was figuring that if it's anywhere near as enjoyable as the Kodiak, but faster, it would be a good deal for $15.Thanks in advance, I will hold off for a few hours to see if anyone replies with opinions on it.Regards,Sean
I've been enjoying it for one day I've had it. Flies well, looks good--more advanced than the Kodiak, though I prefer bush flying so it won't replace the Kodiak for me. Well worth $15. And yes, it is fast!Randall

Excellent Aircraft. Flies at about the same speed and altitude as the Cessna Mustang. Both 2D and VC look great.

Tom

Thanks for the input guys. Downloaded it late last night and will install it sometime this afternoon.

Cracking aircraft - bought it this weekend (after seeing the discount on the Quest Kodiak thread) and absolutely loving it after a couple of days tearing around in her.Its a very nice model, VC & 2D Panel included, FSX & FS9 included, flies very nicely, and is sooooo easy on frame rates - anyone else reading this thread that hasn't got this - I will say you won't be disappointed even if you miss the offer and have to pay full whack :(

Sometimes experiencing wierd autopilot garbled voice sound when pressing GPSS, and night-lighting steals about 8 fps from me, and the settings on the mfd in the virtual cockpit don't match the popup mfd settings.Otherwise is ok aircraft but not great.I purchased and installed the v1.9. However there is a 47mb 1.9 update. Is that for the lower version users to use or is it a patch for v1.9?I hope they make a patch to improve it's perfomance in FSX and fix a few bugs.To add to this AP problem, when pushing buttons, sometimes the external sound is gone.Yes I did re-install the product.

Sometimes experiencing wierd autopilot garbled voice sound when pressing GPSS, and night-lighting steals about 8 fps from me, and the settings on the mfd in the virtual cockpit don't match the popup mfd settings.Otherwise is ok aircraft but not great.I purchased and installed the v1.9. However there is a 47mb 1.9 update. Is that for the lower version users to use or is it a patch for v1.9?I hope they make a patch to improve it's perfomance in FSX and fix a few bugs.To add to this AP problem, when pushing buttons, sometimes the external sound is gone.Yes I did re-install the product.
I think its a patch for people that have versions older than 1.9.I downloaded it about 18 hours ago and have been to lazy to install it yet for some reason. If it's anything like the FPS I got in the Kodiak I will be pleased. The Kodiak doesn't even effect my FPS or performance at all which surprised me considering that its all glass.After I install it I will be interested to see if I get any of the symptoms you are describing.

Would it by chance support key commands for the aircraft's instrument panel functions? I have a few GoFlight units that I would like to assign to specific aircraft functions.

When looking at the aircraft's position at an airport in the Garmin MFD the aircraft is not shown on the runway when I am positioned at a runway. Anyone notice this? Is it just FSX that's doing it?

When looking at the aircraft's position at an airport in the Garmin MFD the aircraft is not shown on the runway when I am positioned at a runway. Anyone notice this? Is it just FSX that's doing it?
Great aircraft,but I need a tutorial on the Garmin system,are there any good free ones out there on this particular system?Any suggestions appreciated.Ron

Ron Service

Great aircraft,but I need a tutorial on the Garmin system,are there any good free ones out there on this particular system?Any suggestions appreciated.Ron
OK,I spent some more time on this,and did the approach procedures tutorial for the Kodiak GPS and autopilot.Although the Epic Dynasty uses or simulates the Garmin 900X and the TS Sorcerer autopilot,I was able to use the approach procedures for a flight I created from Victoria BC to Vancouver Runway 12 which takes you over the mountains at relatively low altitude.The flight was spectacular,and for a 15 dollar price tag,the glass cockpit and its functionality are alone worth lots more than 15 dollars.This and the Kodiak are now two of my most favourite aircraft,and I was flying mostly the payware heavies.This is a pleasant change of pace and easy on the framerates.Ron

Ron Service