Sign in to follow this  
albix

MCP not working on ground

Hello,I recently reinstalled FS9 on my new Win 7 X64. After having installed the 737 I am experiencing a weird problem:on ground I am unable to select any lateral or vertical mode on the MCP. The only one active function is LNAV that turns on and immediately off with the obvious warning: FMC FIRST.As soon as I get airborne everything is running normal and I am able to select all the MCP functions.I am running a registered version 3.93 of FSUIPC. and the 737 is fully patched to the revision 1.3.Thank you for the help.Alberto

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Maybe this can be helpful for investigation:I had the opposite problem with Level-D 767 MCP working on ground and not in flight (VC only, 2D working anyway) and I found a fix through this post:http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_post...ID=20121&KWDisabling the Aero function with FS9 fixed the problem on the 767 but not on the PMDG 737.Cheers.Alberto

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

The 737 AFCS does not arm on the ground like the 747, that is normal. See the normal procedures narrative in the manual.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest ajacied552

Hi Dan You can activate all DFCS mode on the MCP on the ground on B737 NG, But the Flight Director (F/D) Switch'(s) on the MCP must be switched to "ON" or push one of the CMD or CWS buttons, Because the Auto Flight system want's to know what FCC (Flight Control Computer) is Leading," FCC A or FCC B" . Than you can select almost all modes on the MCP. But it is not the Standaard Operating procedures for normal flight.The only mode that can not be ARMED or ACTIVATED on the ground is the VNAV mode, This mode can be activated more than 400 ft AGL, and for the LNAV mode there should be a valid FMS navdata base with active flight plan programmed in the FMC. GreetingsMark.Boeing 737 NG/PG & 767-200/300 Ground engineer.

Hi Dan You can activate all DFCS mode on the MCP on the ground on B737 NG, But the Flight Director (F/D) Switch'(s) on the MCP must be switched to "ON" or push one of the CMD or CWS buttons, Because the Auto Flight system want's to know what FCC (Flight Control Computer) is Leading," FCC A or FCC B" . Than you can select almost all modes on the MCP. But it is not the Standaard Operating procedures for normal flight.The only mode that can not be ARMED or ACTIVATED on the ground is the VNAV mode, This mode can be activated more than 400 ft AGL, and for the LNAV mode there should be a valid FMS navdata base with active flight plan programmed in the FMC. GreetingsMark.Boeing 737 NG/PG & 767-200/300 Ground engineer.
Sounds like your pretty knowledgeable about this bird so this may be an obvious question, but never hurts to make sure. :( Did you make sure you checked off the following from the Cockpit and Systems manual 7-21:LNAV ModeLNAV engagement criteria on the ground:- origin runway in flight plan- active route entered in FMC- track of first leg within 5 degrees of runway heading- LNAV selected prior to TO/GA.LNAV engagement criteria in flight:- active route entered in FMC- within 3NM of active route, LNAV engagement occurs with any airplane heading- outside of 3NM, airplane must: be on intercept course of 90 degrees or less and intercept route segment before active waypointLNAV automatically disconnects for following reasons:- reaching end of active route- reaching a route discontinuity- intercepting a selected approach course in VOR LOC or APP modes (VOR/LOC armed)- selecting HDG SELTypical reason is that the track of the first leg is not within 5 degrees of the runway heading.

Guest ajacied552
Sounds like your pretty knowledgeable about this bird so this may be an obvious question, but never hurts to make sure. :( Did you make sure you checked off the following from the Cockpit and Systems manual 7-21:LNAV ModeLNAV engagement criteria on the ground:- origin runway in flight plan- active route entered in FMC- track of first leg within 5 degrees of runway heading- LNAV selected prior to TO/GA.LNAV engagement criteria in flight:- active route entered in FMC- within 3NM of active route, LNAV engagement occurs with any airplane heading- outside of 3NM, airplane must: be on intercept course of 90 degrees or less and intercept route segment before active waypointLNAV automatically disconnects for following reasons:- reaching end of active route- reaching a route discontinuity- intercepting a selected approach course in VOR LOC or APP modes (VOR/LOC armed)- selecting HDG SELTypical reason is that the track of the first leg is not within 5 degrees of the runway heading.
Hi My occupation is Avioncs Ground Engineer on the B737-Next Generation, (So I can "play" with these bird's every day). I perform Heavy Maintenance Inspection on this Aircraft for 10 years now.I work with official documents from Boeing. One document where I can get the information from is the AMM (Aircraft Maintenance Manual).Now I give you the more Technical Information about the LNAV engagement Criteria, The PART 1 section of the AMM Chapther 22-11-00. Gives the following info (Air or Ground)* LNAV is valid* Baro corrected altitude is valid * Data to calculate the lateral guidance command in the FMC is valid* The airplane heading is towards the flight path before the next waypoint or is within 3 nm of the flight plan path.For the Deslect of the LNAV mode;* Push the LNAV mode selector switch when the LNAV mode selector switch light is on* Set the A/P to CMD with a F/D command more than 14 degrees* A force more than 10 pounds on the control wheel with the A/P in CMD* Activate another roll mode* LNAV is not valid* The airplane did not capture the localizer* The airplane reaches the final waypoint or a route discontinuity.This answer your question?.Greeting Mark

Hi My occupation is Avioncs Ground Engineer on the B737-Next Generation, (So I can "play" with these bird's every day). I perform Heavy Maintenance Inspection on this Aircraft for 10 years now.I work with official documents from Boeing. One document where I can get the information from is the AMM (Aircraft Maintenance Manual).Now I give you the more Technical Information about the LNAV engagement Criteria, The PART 1 section of the AMM Chapther 22-11-00. Gives the following info (Air or Ground)* LNAV is valid* Baro corrected altitude is valid * Data to calculate the lateral guidance command in the FMC is valid* The airplane heading is towards the flight path before the next waypoint or is within 3 nm of the flight plan path.For the Deslect of the LNAV mode;* Push the LNAV mode selector switch when the LNAV mode selector switch light is on* Set the A/P to CMD with a F/D command more than 14 degrees* A force more than 10 pounds on the control wheel with the A/P in CMD* Activate another roll mode* LNAV is not valid* The airplane did not capture the localizer* The airplane reaches the final waypoint or a route discontinuity.This answer your question?.Greeting Mark
Never doubted your credentials Mark. I am sure you will agree even the experts miss something once in a while. :( The simulation was originally created for FS2002 and was PMDG's first FS endeavor. PMDG's level of model fidelity has increased with every product new product release. I posted the NG documentation not to question your expertise but because this is the procedure the product has modeled. So if your doing everything in the PMDG procedure than the only suggestion I have is that something didn't install right and do a complete uninstall and reinstall.The new NG PMDG is working on should have the fidelity your looking for. :(

LOL sorry, didn't mean to start a flame...So, please, could you just confirm that in reality the MCP modes can be selected and on the PMDG not?I just want to make sure that on my PC the bird is correctly installed and working.Many thanks to all for your contribution.Alberto

The LNAV will arm, but not the VNAV, on the ground. Activate everything above 400 AGL. I think.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you!