Sign in to follow this  
Guest lightsunglasses

RC4 doesn't have permission to write .RCD file and crashes!

Guest lightsunglasses

I've been using RCv4 fine for a while now but recently its been crashing during my flights. Everything will work fine on the ground and departure but in the middle of a flight RC4 will stop responding. RC4 will state an error message of something to the effect that it does not have permission to create a .RCD file in 'C:\Users\(My name)\Documents\Flight Simulator Files' (windows xp)Any ideas?

I've been using RCv4 fine for a while now but recently its been crashing during my flights. Everything will work fine on the ground and departure but in the middle of a flight RC4 will stop responding. RC4 will state an error message of something to the effect that it does not have permission to create a .RCD file in 'C:\Users\(My name)\Documents\Flight Simulator Files' (windows xp)Any ideas?
what user account are you logging into xp with?check the permissions on that directory, does that account have write or full permissions?i guess it could be your antivirus program. is it kaspersky?

Guest lightsunglasses
what user account are you logging into xp with?check the permissions on that directory, does that account have write or full permissions?i guess it could be your antivirus program. is it kaspersky?
Well I went through the procedures for Windows XP to disable the 'read only' attribute of the folder but still have the same problem. Here's the exact messages I receive:"Unable to write to C:\Documents and Settings\(My name)\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\Will not be able to save. RCD files"I have the same antivirus program I've always been using. AVG.

Well I went through the procedures for Windows XP to disable the 'read only' attribute of the folder but still have the same problem. Here's the exact messages I receive:"Unable to write to C:\Documents and Settings\(My name)\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\Will not be able to save. RCD files"I have the same antivirus program I've always been using. AVG.
did you just upgrade avg to 9.x? someone else had 8.5, rc running fine. upgraded to 9.x, rc breaks, similar to yours.i don't understand why that folder would be set to read only. can you copy a file to that path? if you can't rc sure can't save to it, since it is running under your user context.jd

Guest lightsunglasses
did you just upgrade avg to 9.x? someone else had 8.5, rc running fine. upgraded to 9.x, rc breaks, similar to yours.i don't understand why that folder would be set to read only. can you copy a file to that path? if you can't rc sure can't save to it, since it is running under your user context.jd
I did upgrade to AVG 9 but I just tried to fly again with it disabled and still received the same problem. Here's the other error message I receive from RC4."Run-timer error '55':RadarContact.rcv4module.rcv4codemain"Also, I can copy a file to the Flight Simulator folder in the My Documents section. I think I read Windows XP makes all the folders in the My Documents 'read only' by default.

I did upgrade to AVG 9 but I just tried to fly again with it disabled and still received the same problem. Here's the other error message I receive from RC4."Run-timer error '55':RadarContact.rcv4module.rcv4codemain"Also, I can copy a file to the Flight Simulator folder in the My Documents section. I think I read Windows XP makes all the folders in the My Documents 'read only' by default.
if the folder is read-only, how could you write to "My Documents"?search the forum on AVG, someone may have solved the problem with AVGsee if there is a "trusted app" tab somewhere, add rcv4.exe to itjd