Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gary Buska

US Airways ICAO USA search failures

Guest toothless1

I much prefer the detailed search system of the AVSIM library overFlightsim.com with one glaring exception...a search for US Airwaysairline, the ICAO code is USA provides many hundreds of hits with absolutely nothing to do the this airline. Is there a work-aroundthat I am not seeing? The slower Flightsim.com library has no troublewith this search. HELP

Guest Gary Buska

What you want to do is to search in specific areas rather than the entire AVSIM library. Example if you are looking for a FSX aircraft then select the FSX original aircraft category. This will help allot. Also learn to use wild cards such as the * and even try using quotes.What is happening is when you search using KJAX say it will pull any file that has that phrase in it any where including the description field so you would get a lot of hits. But if you limit your search to a specific category that will omit anything anywhere else. AFCAD files for example could have the phrase KJAX in it but if you are looking in the FSX scenery category you will not see any AFCAD files. I will have to admit the Avsim search engine is a little different in that respect. But learn to use the extended search and you can limit your results even further. I hope this helps Regards!Gary BuskaLibrary Manager / Forum Moderator WWW.avsim.com

Guest toothless1

Gary, thank you for your response, but I think you have missed thepoint of my question. The sixth largest air carrier in the U.S. isan airline called "US Airways". Try putting that in the search forany file group...AI Aircraft...AI flight plans...FS9 aircraft...etc.The search engine is also totally confused.Thanks, Jim Allen

Guest Gary Buska

What is happening here is it looks at each word and with airways you are going to get a ton of hits. About all you can do is to input as much information as possible. Oh I know you meant US AIR.You might have better luck looking for actual aircraft such as B737* under FSX original aircraft. You will still get a lot of hits but at least it will be limited to aircraft.Sorry about that it is what it is.Regards Gary BuskaLibrary Manager Forums ModeratorAVSIM Online! WWW.Avsim.com