Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

Raising seat (2D)

I've been away from simming for about 8 months and just built a new rig but can't for the life of me remember how to raise the seat in FSX in 2d and NO it's not shift back space -that's for 3 d.I know eventually i'm gonna have to get into the 3 d thing but for now it's 2D especially when you can look at a cockpit that's shot with a Nikon camera. Thanks Louis

I've been away from simming for about 8 months and just built a new rig but can't for the life of me remember how to raise the seat in FSX in 2d and NO it's not shift back space -that's for 3 d.I know eventually i'm gonna have to get into the 3 d thing but for now it's 2D especially when you can look at a cockpit that's shot with a Nikon camera. Thanks Louis
i think its Shift+Enter

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

No not it either man i wish i would of wrote it down - you almost need it when your in a tail dragger like i fly a lot ---milton shupes's Beech 18

From the FSX "Insider Information" booklet that comes with the software - To raise seat in VC - Shift-EnterTo lower seat in VC - Shift-BackspaceTo raise seat in 2D - CTRL-QTo lower seat in 2D - CTRL-SHIFT-QCheers! :( Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Now were talking --when all fails read the instructions but can't find the book of course -- Thanks a bunch

Now were talking --when all fails read the instructions but can't find the book of course -- Thanks a bunch
I have never had the Ctrl-Q work for me in either windowed or full screen mode. Is there somethere that needs to be changed in the cfg file or elsewhere for it to work in 2D? I have Service Pack 2 and acceleration installed and my system is XP.

I guess it doesn't hurt to repeat the answers occasionally...The (shift)/Control-Q is what is described in the documentation but if you are comfortable with changing the Cameras.cfg file you CAN adjust the operation of the 2D Camera to something more comfortable.If you edit the parameters in Camera Definition.001:PanPbhAdjust = OrdinalPanPbhReturn = Trueto readPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = Falseand also add the following lines:PitchPanRate=8PanAcceleratorTime=0you will be able to tilt the view down using the tophat smoothly.The pan rate of 8

I have never had the Ctrl-Q work for me in either windowed or full screen mode. Is there somethere that needs to be changed in the cfg file or elsewhere for it to work in 2D? I have Service Pack 2 and acceleration installed and my system is XP.
As a point of interest here, the movement when using the Ctrl-Q is NOT instantaneous. You have to hold the keys down until movement starts. :(I made the edits to the camera over a year ago now. Having the Hat Switch to tilt my forward view up/down is a nice feature! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest KSTLFF

Gents,I have been searching and searching on how to keep your front 2d view the same when you raise your seat with ctrlG, but when I change my view, how can I keep the same view after adjusting my seat. In short, seats adjusted, I look out my left window and back front and it defaults back to original view. Anyway to hold seat view in 2D view while looking left and right. Just made the move to FSX last night and plan on taking my time to tweek it but this does not seem right. Also. It might be I'm just going to have to get used to VC. But looking for a fix to hold eye view??ThanksBrett Lucas