Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc Bryant

Short Final for 16 November 2009

From those wonderful folks that bring us Aweb.com, it's Short Final for 16 November 2009On a recent trip in my Cirrus from KSAV to KPDK, I had this exchange with Atlanta Approach. (This was right after the FL-GA football game where the Gators won ... again.)ATL:"N267CP, you are cleared to PDK via the TRBOW8 arrival. Proceed direct from present position to TRBOW."N267CP (me) :"N267CP cleared direct TRBOW for the TRBOW8. Are you sure that shouldn't be renamed TEBOW for the beating that your Bulldogs took?"ATL:"N267CP, one more remark about the beatdown, and I will amend your clearance to IAH, LAX direct PDK!"N267CP "N267CP O.K. TRBOW8 it is!"ATL:"Smart man."Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Oh Doc??????Have you checked your deodorant lately, have you perchance left your 5 day deodorant pads under your arms for 6 days?No one seems to want to be around your posts :( :( :( Just kiding The tall one

That Short Final just flew over me (sic!) - didn't get it at all.Ed, just curious, how would you announce TRBOW8 over the radio? And who comes up with these tongue twisters anyway?Best regards.Luis

That Short Final just flew over me (sic!) - didn't get it at all.Ed, just curious, how would you announce TRBOW8 over the radio? And who comes up with these tongue twisters anyway?Best regards.Luis
Well with my New York/Memphis/desert accent I,d say "turrrrbow eight" like a turbowjet. But if this Sid/Star is in Florida, it's probably named after Tim Terbow the Florida Gator quarterback and people from there would call it the "Terrrrbow Eight. :( Capt Tall

Thanks, Ed. Since I don't follow that sport, it was a mystery to me, but you just cleared it up.Best regards.Luis