Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peertjeheavyjet

VC-Cockpit error and FSX freezes

Guest Peertjeheavyjet

Hello,I'm flying only a PMDG MD11. Nothing else installed on my FSX. Scenery and other stuff all payware. I tried now 17 flights and still after 1 our 2 hours of flight this happends:My VC is becomming really strange. I can look through it. And not real long after that, my FSX freezes.And gives a FATAL ERROR.See picture below. (this only happends in dusk and nights. Daytime no issues found (yet).Untitled.jpg">Running FSX on a:Win 7 64bitsAMD Phenom II X4 955 (3.20Ghz)4Gb Corsair 1066MhzASUS GTX 275 I'm having service pack 1 and 2 installed on FSXAnd PMDG MD11 is up to date.I searched this forum, but did not found a issue like this but mayby i missed it our overlooked?Hope somebody can help me out befor i start installing my complete OC again from scrap.Peter

The first thing than comes to mind is hardware overheating. See if you can't check the temps on your CPU and GPU before/after this happens. If this were happening as soon as it loaded then I would recommend reinstallation (I've had this one before) but not until a couple of hours, gee... don't know what else it could be.EDIT: There is a transition between day/night in FSX that is implicated, but I don't think it is the cause.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Peertjeheavyjet
The first thing than comes to mind is hardware overheating. See if you can't check the temps on your CPU and GPU before/after this happens. If this were happening as soon as it loaded then I would recommend reinstallation (I've had this one before) but not until a couple of hours, gee... don't know what else it could be.EDIT: There is a transition between day/night in FSX that is implicated, but I don't think it is the cause.
CPU is myby the cause can not read any temps. It should be controlled automatic. But my GPU is getting controlled by ASUS SMART Doctor. That works great. Temps not getting above 65Celsius.The strange thing is, i was preparing flight to Las Vegas from London Gatwick. So a 30minute preparing and taxi before i was on cruise level (first step). And i was just inside the cockpit, so no large movements. Even my Flight Enviroment X was not changing any clouds. Well i hope to hear some more idea's our solutions our else i go for a fresh new install!Thx so far Downscc !!Regards Peter

CPU is myby the cause can not read any temps. It should be controlled automatic. But my GPU is getting controlled by ASUS SMART Doctor. That works great. Temps not getting above 65Celsius.The strange thing is, i was preparing flight to Las Vegas from London Gatwick. So a 30minute preparing and taxi before i was on cruise level (first step). And i was just inside the cockpit, so no large movements. Even my Flight Enviroment X was not changing any clouds. Well i hope to hear some more idea's our solutions our else i go for a fresh new install!Thx so far Downscc !!Regards Peter
If you do a search on disappearing textures you should find further information and some other suggested solutions. Also, have you tried hitting shift "L" to see if it corrects the problem?

Guest Peertjeheavyjet
If you do a search on disappearing textures you should find further information and some other suggested solutions. Also, have you tried hitting shift "L" to see if it corrects the problem?
Hello Falcon999,I will have a search on the suggested text: Disapearing textures. Thx for you're reply.No did not try SHIFT+L. Tomorrow i will have the same flight again. And have a look with SHIFT+Lfor now i will start searching and reading on the forum as you suggested.Regards Peter

HelloI'm having exactly the same problem, can't fly anywhere it happens after an hour or so.Since I got the MD11 it seems all my time is going through the forum to solve problems than actually enjoying it.(frustration) Is there a solution to this problem?Thank youJose De Campos

Jose De Campos

London

Jose, did you try any of the suggestions in this thread?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes I did and other threads too. It's just the hour it takes for the problem to show upit would be helpful if I only new which is the right direction to take. Still trying anyway...thankswin7-64 i7920 gtx285 6gig asus xonar sound

Jose De Campos

London

Jose, what is the failure report info? Which module is failing, is it FSX?There is no one solution because these problems are unique to the system that is failing. There are thousands of users without the problem. Inspect your W7 trouble logs, maybe you can find a clue.

Dan Downs KCRP

Trying hard not to give up because I can't think what else to do. I've reinstalled fsx+acceleration, (cleaned reg, deleted old fsx files before), tried with nhancer and without, updated graphic drivers, no trouble logs. I don't mind investing time looking for a solution but it I would like some help from PMDG. Managed to get the textures back by going to the menu and changing the time. Might be something there.THanksJose De Campos

Jose De Campos

London

You are only assured of direct pmdg support if you visit their support page at their web site and submitt a trouble ticket.What about the failure report or trouble logs??

Dan Downs KCRP

You are only assured of direct pmdg support if you visit their support page at their web site and submitt a trouble ticket.What about the failure report or trouble logs??
There are no failure reports since FSX doesn't crash or freeze it's just the vc textures that go missing after a while,just as in the pics on this thread. It only happens with the pmdg md11 in my case and usually at dusk or night, andlike I said if I change the time of day the textures return.ThanksJose De Campos

Jose De Campos

London

usually at dusk
Sorry, I missed that. FSX is notorious at dusk/dawn transitions. I've mapped refresh textures to a key.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry, I missed that. FSX is notorious at dusk/dawn transitions. I've mapped refresh textures to a key.
Could you explain a little more DanThanksJose De Campos

Jose De Campos

London

There is a thread in the general section with over 400 posts I think that covers a lot of missing texture territory, sorry but I'm not an expert on these things.

Dan Downs KCRP