Sign in to follow this  
Jerel

FS2004 graphic problems with multi monitor

I am having some graphic problems with FS2004. I am trying to figure out if this is a FS9 known issue, video driver, or other problem. I am running an E8600 @ 4ghz and a GTX 280 (191.07 and nHancer 2.5.7) running on two LCDs at 1920x1200. I do not have a problem with single LCD 1920x1200 full screen or windowed mode. The problem seems to happen when I undock a window and maximize the window on the 2nd LCD monitor. <I have a attched a screenshot>. It looks like texture aliasing or artifacting. I do not know if I am using the correct term and I apologize for the image quality but it should serve as a reference to what I am explaining. Also, it seems to only affect the aircraft I am flying. All other graphics are fine.Interestingly, I found that if I create a flight, setup the 2 LCDs, connect ActiveSky over WideFS and when it outputs weather depiction the problem starts immediately. I do not believe this to be an Activesky issue.Also, I am using FSElemental Intense Pack and I thought the large bmp file sizes were causing the problem so I used a batch converter to reduce the size but that did not eliminate the problem. Also disabled all AI and ruled that out as an issue. Any ideas and/or help would be greatly appreciated.I am seriously starting to think something is wrong with my video card (280) as it should be able to render two screens no problem.Thank you for the help and suggestions. I

Guest jonthedoors

Unfortunately I can't help you, but can I just say...WOA

I found an interesting article regarding multiple monitor setups at tomshardware and one of the games featured was FS2004. This seems to be related to the fs9 graphic engine. This article is very old (2004) and can't see how it can be driver related.http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dual-d...igs,759-14.htmlIt would be nice if a patch or a workaround was available to prevent this issue.If anybody is running FS9 with a dual monitor setup try this ... use a windowed mode on monitor 1 and open a spot view full screen on your second monitor. I know the article mentions heat but my video card is way below those temps and within acceptable temps per my card manufacturer (called them to confirm).

I found an interesting article regarding multiple monitor setups at tomshardware and one of the games featured was FS2004. This seems to be related to the fs9 graphic engine. This article is very old (2004) and can't see how it can be driver related.http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dual-d...igs,759-14.htmlIt would be nice if a patch or a workaround was available to prevent this issue.If anybody is running FS9 with a dual monitor setup try this ... use a windowed mode on monitor 1 and open a spot view full screen on your second monitor. I know the article mentions heat but my video card is way below those temps and within acceptable temps per my card manufacturer (called them to confirm).
jerel- I've been running triple views for about 6 years and have played with Full Screen many times- it just doesn't work, at least on my system. Total chaos when you hit Alt/Enter!But why bother? Auto hide Menu & Task bars, change colour of Task Bars to black with dark green lettering and set Desktop colour to black and you will have difficulty distinguishing Windowed mode from Full Screen.Here is a pic with all views in Spot mode. Bet you have never seen 737s flying in formation!Alex ReidWest Jet 737 Flypast! (AMD XP2200 1.8Ghz, 2- GeForce FX5200 video cards.) Note slice of black desktop at bottom of R monitor.

jerel- I've been running triple views for about 6 years and have played with Full Screen many times- it just doesn't work, at least on my system. Total chaos when you hit Alt/Enter!But why bother? Auto hide Menu & Task bars, change colour of Task Bars to black with dark green lettering and set Desktop colour to black and you will have difficulty distinguishing Windowed mode from Full Screen.Here is a pic with all views in Spot mode. Bet you have never seen 737s flying in formation!Alex ReidWest Jet 737 Flypast! (AMD XP2200 1.8Ghz, 2- GeForce FX5200 video cards.) Note slice of black desktop at bottom of R monitor.
Thanks for the reply. Nice setup. What I meant to say was when I undock the spot view window and move it to the 2nd monitor and expand the window so it covers the whole monitor I start getting the display corruption on both monitors. I am running windowed on monitor 1, then a expanded undocked window on the 2nd monitor. I also have never been able to get full screen to work once. Per Microsofts support article this must have worked at some point in time but I've never had it working in full screen.I notice you are running 2 video cards so that might mitigate the corruption issues I am seeing. May have to take a look at going that direction. Do you run 2 monitors on 1 card and 1 monitor on the other card? If so, what is your multi screen windows setup on the card that runs 2 monitors?Happy holidays!

Thanks for the reply. Nice setup. What I meant to say was when I undock the spot view window and move it to the 2nd monitor and expand the window so it covers the whole monitor I start getting the display corruption on both monitors. I am running windowed on monitor 1, then a expanded undocked window on the 2nd monitor. I also have never been able to get full screen to work once. Per Microsofts support article this must have worked at some point in time but I've never had it working in full screen.I notice you are running 2 video cards so that might mitigate the corruption issues I am seeing. May have to take a look at going that direction. Do you run 2 monitors on 1 card and 1 monitor on the other card? If so, what is your multi screen windows setup on the card that runs 2 monitors?Happy holidays!
Jerel- Assuming you have done the setup in Panel Cfg/ Display/Settings to blend all monitors into a single very wide desktop -I then key [ (square left bracket) to create a new mini view, overlaid on the main mon view. Then undock it and drag it to a secondary mon and resize to however large you wish. Click on it and key Control + Num 7- View left forward or Num 9- View right forward. (Num lock must be on). This sets the view to Left or Right Fwd. Hope this helps. Also see my reply to your PM.Alex Reid