Sign in to follow this  
Guest w1jop2009

Wilco 777

Guest w1jop2009

Hey, I just upgraded from WinXP to Win7, FSX works great no issues...I am on a new CPU as well, question is when I try to DL the wilco 777 everything goews fine up to when I actually go to intall the file I get an error message (Can not instal, please select proper FSX file) Now I am pretty sure I am on the correct file and all, this intal worked fine on my older XP basses system but on the win7 system I am running into this problemany help?

Guest United

I'm using 64-bit Win7 as well on a new mobo and CPU, a Core2Quad. Are you sure you're installing the correct file? Wilco pub has two versions, one FSX, one FS9. For FSX, you should be trying to install the file named: 777_X10c.exe Is the file old? Do you need to re-download? I didn't have to change any compatibility setting whatsoever.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest w1jop2009

I just tried it again and i get " can not instal program,please select your correct flight simulator directory" I am at a loss here, the poper directory does show up but i get this everytime

Guest United

Unless you've figured it out by now , installing Wilco products can be tricky at the screen where it asks you where to install. They always have a generic directory instead of asking the registry where your particular FSX is. What do you put in the FSX location box?Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest w1jop2009

I am not sure how i got it to work, but it does work nowI used folder "sim objects" and found sub-folder "aircraft" and it worked

Guest United

That is very odd. I've found some livery installations to need to have one point to the product's folder within simobjects/aircraft, but never the main aircraft installation files. That's very strange, but who cares huh!Randy Jura, KPDX