Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Cannot bring back minimized FSX

Hi,I'm having a little issue ever since I use FSX, it happened on both platforms, first XP64 and now W7-64bit. Whenever I minimize FSX for whatever reason, I cannot bring it back by clicking its icon on the task bar, instead I have to open the Task Manager and double click on the running FSX application. I have the most up to date video drivers etc. Is this normal for FSX?i7 920 @3.8Ghz6Gb DDR3GTX260FSX SP1 & 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Hi,I'm having a little issue ever since I use FSX, it happened on both platforms, first XP64 and now W7-64bit. Whenever I minimize FSX for whatever reason, I cannot bring it back by clicking its icon on the task bar, instead I have to open the Task Manager and double click on the running FSX application. I have the most up to date video drivers etc. Is this normal for FSX?i7 920 @3.8Ghz6Gb DDR3GTX260FSX SP1 & 2
Yes it is, same thing happens in Win XP! If you keep clicking on the icon, eventually you'll see a screen refresh. Click it again, and FSX will go full screen. Alternatively, and what works best, is toggling ALT-Enter to switch to window mode and again to go back to full screen. (Assuming Win 7 still supports Alt-Enter)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

With W7 try using the "Show Desktop" button down on the Taskbar. This is the small button looking part of the task bar directly to the right of where the time is showing. It's in the extreme bottom right of the screen.I've found that when FSX "disappears" and won't return to full screen, that toggling the "Show Desktop" button will often reset the sim back to normal. FAC

Other method: open task manager, right click on FSX and click on maximize.

With W7 try using the "Show Desktop" button down on the Taskbar. This is the small button looking part of the task bar directly to the right of where the time is showing. It's in the extreme bottom right of the screen.I've found that when FSX "disappears" and won't return to full screen, that toggling the "Show Desktop" button will often reset the sim back to normal. FAC
The Windows Key + Enter fixes this also. (usually)jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Guest ziporama

Very annoying behavior - I end up having to do a windowskey+d (show desktop) followed by a click on fsx on the task bar. If that doesn't work, with the icon highlighted, do a couple more alt-enters.A way to avoid is to switch FSX to windowed mode before tasking out to another app.Cheers,

I use windowed mode all the time and get the problem as well sometimes, so its not specific to running FSX in fullscreen, I find if you can double click on the task bar tab fast enough it will come back. There are some other neat tricks to try though in this thread so thanks.

Cheers, Andy.

Guys, great tips, thank you. At least now I know I'm not alone.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Thanks for this post and the informative replies. It has been a problem with multiple programs to me and for me usually occurs after multiple monitor displays which have been departed for one reason or another (i.e. word or XL in addition to FS programs). I will hence forth try the kind suggestions offered in this thread.Thanks again:RTH

Guest jumpseat47

instead of clicking repeatedly try giving about 2 second long clicks, keep it pressed. works for me in 1st or 2nd try.hope it helps

Same here, I just alt+tab hold for a few seconds and then release and FSX comes back 99.99% of the time.