Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlaam

Missing all RNAV and GPS transistions at KDEN

Yes, I use the default MS ATC. Tried RC and PFE and they're just as bad in their own way IMO. Don't have time for Vatsim.So, I really never fly into KDEN for whatever reason, at least in the last year and a half, however, I flew into KDEN over the weekend and when given the lousy approach vectors for ILS, I preceded to pick my GPS or RNAV approach so I could make a more realistic flight by following the IAP. Well, the problem? Every single GPS and RNAV approach was missing a transition list. All they offered were vectors, which is just as bad as the ILS method. What happened?All I can think of is that I added a 3rd party AFCAD that "updated" KDEN's runway changes, but why would my approach list be completely FUBAR'd after that?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I still don't know why the approach list was basically corrupt since the updated AFCAD I downloaded didn't contain any new approaches, but perhaps that was the problem? I've never really made approaches or messed with AFCADs that much. My only scenery "experience" has been tweaking NAVAIDs (add, edit, remove) or adding new waypoints for the most part. So, in an effort to try and fix the KDEN problem, simply because it bugs me, I've decided to import and rework the approaches into the 3rd party AFCAD. I did this for a couple other airports and it worked fine using ADE9x. As long as I'm able to pick GPS/RNAV transitions and get ATC to leave me alone on approach, then I'm okay with it. It worked for another airport that had a couple minor changes to their approach plates, so this should work...I hope.Anyhow, what I did might not work, but it's worth a shot and won't take very long. I imported the approaches from FSX since they're newer and reflect the runways I need them too. Then I'm using ADE9x to fix the errors with missing hold fixes or other waypoints that might cause conflict. So far it looks good in ADE, but who knows if ATC will let me access them. I'm at a loss as to why the ATC wouldn't recognize the old approaches just because I added a new AFCAD. That's never happened before to me. Even adding the Mach1Design KPHX scenery cleaned out my GPS and RNAV approach list, leaving just visuals. I never could figure out why. I ended up having to import the default approaches into the new KPHX AFCAD just to get them back.