Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

I thought 2012 was a big, sillly, loud and enjoyable movie with great special effects and a predictable storyline.One thing I enjoyed were all the airplanes. Every simmers fantasy of being tossed into airplanes ranging from a light twin to an AN-22 with only a couple of real life lessons gets played out. I am absolutely sure I could dodge much of Los Angeles become suddenly airborne with such aplomb in a twin, and pull an AN-22 vodka burner out of a dive just like that, too.There were some nice touches. The icon card taped to the panel of the Russian airplane. (Certain implications and observations are way beyond the scope of a simulated airplane forum, therefore I will exercise a Ciceronian "I shall pass over" concerning the comment-worthy treatment of religions in the movie.) The confusion of the student pilot trying to adhere to his checklist while the runway is literally crumbling behind him was funny, as was his recognizing that he really doesn't know how to fly a twin-engine aircraft. With everyone's life in the balance, he scolds a passenger for leaving the aircraft before it comes to a complete start.Sitting before the controls of the AN-22, he is as bewlidered as any newbie who just bought a PMDG title.Air Force One plays an interesting role, as does the air wing of the carrier JFK.Anyway, I enjoyed 2012 more because of my interest in aviation, particularly flight simming, because there is an element of fantasy most people would fail to appreciate.

Loved it for what it was. Aircraft stuff was great, Lots of action. See it in I-Max if you can.........

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Spoiler Alert!!!!The best part is when he's making a hasty takeoff off from Las Vegas in the big Russian transport. The whole airport is being sucked into the earth and destroyed. Yet the tower controller is yelling over the radio: "You don't have clearance to take-off!"... as if anyone would actually care at that point.

Guest belga1

Hello,

as if anyone would actually care at that point.
The air controllers in USA's are very proffessionals .. like the one who was in contact with Sully .. forwardroll.gifMethink he give (or want give) clearance for ditch in the Hudson River 2870d97f.gifNonetheless, there it is not always the case as it was demonstrated during the recent collision between a helicopter and a GA over NYRegards.bye.gifGus.

I'm sick and tired of this 2012 hype, there is no scientific evidence that any of this could happen on 2012. Movies like this just serve to produce chaos and are a detriment to society as we know it. It's this kind of hype which causes people to go all crazy about stupid stuff. We should worry about global warming, and war, and militant extremism, rather than this crap.My personal proof 2012 isn't gonna be the end of the world is this: how could the Mayans foresee the end of the world, but not people like Hern

Guest belga1

Hello,

Movies like this just serve to produce chaos
Not really ... it's just a good Hollywood production .. just entertainment :)Maybe it's cultural ... but in Europe .. it's just seen as a movie like a other .. not so fuss about "the end of OUR world" :)Even some europeans scientists are astonished the NASA had to tell some words about the hoax !
We should worry about global warming
It's already a movie about (Al Gore production) and also one one the Global cooling (The Day After Tomorrow .. same director of 2012)Maybe they are also hoaxes :)Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hello,Not really ... it's just a good Hollywood production .. just entertainment :)Maybe it's cultural ... but in Europe .. it's just seen as a movie like a other .. not so fuss about "the end of OUR world" :)Even some europeans scientists are astonished the NASA had to tell some words about the hoax !It's already a movie about (Al Gore production) and also one one the Global cooling (The Day After Tomorrow .. same director of 2012)Maybe they are also hoaxes :)Regards.bye.gifGus.
Speaking of global warming and hoaxes, you guys might all want to read this.This could potentially be pretty big...http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...ng-is-scam.html

Part of me wants to believe that, the other part of me realizes that I can SEE the weather around me, and the temps just go up and up later in the year...

Methink he give (or want give) clearance for ditch in the Hudson River
Methink you did not understand their exchange ... 2870d97f.gif
Speaking of global warming and hoaxes, you guys might all want to read this.
Scam or no scam I tend to believe what Atmospherics professor Richard Lindzen of MIT was always saying - there is certainly a degree of hysteria here.One should read his very recent article (which should be accessible even by non-scientists). There is a lot of vested interest in whipping up global warming hysteria:http://climaterealists.com/index.php?id=3771

Part of me wants to believe that, the other part of me realizes that I can SEE the weather around me, and the temps just go up and up later in the year...
It's called weather where we come from.Grab an Almanac, trace weather patterns in your area for 30-50 years back and you'll see variations toward cooler or warmer that last about a decade or before reversing themselves.Our Science Instructor drilled into us that a hypothesis remains an hypothesis until scientifically proven.Consider the fact that those who have a financial gain from all this had to change the term Global Warming to Climate Change to cover the fact the the most recent decade has been cooler not warmer.The current leaks about the "cover up" and "doctored data reveals more than the Climate Change proponents want anyone to know.Finally, all the tax hikes and money spent on this issue is in vain because man cannot change weather, only observe it.The laws of Physics prevent us from changing weather patterns. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest belga1

Hello,

It's called weather where we come from.Grab an Almanac, trace weather patterns in your
and blah blha ..I second that .. good posting.Regards.bye.gifGus.

My personal proof 2012 isn't gonna be the end of the world is this: how could the Mayans foresee the end of the world, but not people like Hern

I thought 2012 was a big, sillly, loud and enjoyable movie with great special effects and a predictable storyline.
I have less and less patience for those Hollywood mega movie whose only claim to fame are overdone special effects.If I were you I would rather go and see movie "Amelia" - very much aviation related and you actually learn a piece of history. This is not an Oscar movie but still I thought it was done well enough and deserved my support of $10. When I went to see it a week after the release there were only 10 people in the audience - I suspect becausethere were no bombings, no doomsday scenarios, no violence, no foul language, no sex.

The laws of Physics prevent us from changing weather patterns. :(
I seem to remember news stories about the Chinese doing it during the Olympics :(