Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jon_Mitchell

Essential FSX addons.

I would like to echo:REX, GEX, UTXOrbx (Including all the payware airports) PNW is coming soon. Add that one.and.....The L-39. Right now my favorite plane. What a beauty!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you think of your FS world in Layers then you can see there's an addon to be had at every level, it's tough to say what's essential unless you know how you want to flyMesh: FSGenesisLandclass: SceneryTechGround Texture replacement: GEXVector replacement: UTXPhotoscenery: take your pickWeather Engines: Active SkySky Texture replacements: REXAirports: ...Airplanes: ...ATC Replacements Traffic Addons...Flight Planning Software...You see where I'm going with this, the rabbit hole is deep and will swallow your bank account if you let it. I guess you have to figure out what you want to do otherwise you could spend hard earned cash on an addon and not see much benefitIf you want to supplement your flight training in The LA metro area then Megascenery Socal is a must haveIf you want to fly heavies across the Atlantic then a Heathrow Addon may for you, and Mesh may not be so critical.That said, I would get REX it's pretty sweet.

Lots of good advice here.However, I won't fly any plane in any sim without Reality xp gp's-for me they are the most essential thing.Next comes the other great add ons, but in today's airspace environment without having a legit ifr certified gps you have nothing...

However, I won't fly any plane in any sim without Reality xp gp's-for me they are the most essential thing.
Reality xp gp? Good thing you don't fly for "real".RJ

Reality xp gp? Good thing you don't fly for "real".RJ
There you go again..please don't go into 9/11...

There you go again...
:( RJ
There you go again..please don't go into 9/11...
No comment.RJ

:( RJNo comment.RJ
First of all-it isn't a gp-it is called a gps....and thank god there is no comment.

Lots of good advice here.However, I won't fly any plane in any sim without Reality xp gp's-for me they are the most essential thing.Next comes the other great add ons, but in today's airspace environment without having a legit ifr certified gps you have nothing...
I agree, get the Reality xp gpsI think Geofa means GPS,,, not "gp's"RJ

I agree, get the Reality xp gpsI think Geofa means GPS,,, not "gp's"RJ
I think you have had a few too many molson's tonight..

When it comes to add-on aircraft, payware or otherwise, make sure it comes with a good FMS/GPS. Hearing people use FSC to supplement the default GPS just makes me feel sad. They are cheating themselves. After becoming quite fluent in using a Boeing FMS, I cannot stand flying the default aircraft with that cheezy GPS system.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Then you need to get the L39 (and I think you already have the Duke)http://lotussim.com/features-general-rxpgps.html

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hmmm that phrase sounds familiar lol! (my first thoughts before I bought the L39)There is no autopilot in that thing. That is the ONLY feature I sorta wish it had. I know its not realistic. But it would be helpful as I fly on VATSIM all the time with that jet. And although it trims out pretty well, during real weather with the bumps and winds aloft, it's tough to hold a heading. The altitude isn't a problem - I just rqst a block.Anyway, it's super FPS friendly, and has realistic (yet simple) starting procedures. Dual cockpits and some models with IFR hoods. The backseater can fail stuff in the front seat. I don't have TIR yet but if you do that plane is perfect for it haha.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |