Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

to the beta testers

Sorry if this has already been asked. How dose the Garman work in fs2004? Does it have to have that 16 bit trainer in the backgrond? thanks and again sorry if this had been brought up. keith:-beerchug

Guest Aidi

The Garmin in Fs2004 does not visually show the trainer that your refering to. What goes on "behind the scenes" to make it work.. I have no idea! First impressions are that its pretty good. It comes in two graphical formats: Garmin 295 and 500. Depending on the aircraft you are flying will depict the model shown.If you are familier with the Sim Systems or RealityXP variants which use the trainer, then there are some differences with the FS2004 representation. I think you will like what has been incorporated into Fs2004!RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest JeanLuc_

I concur with Aidi in that there are some differences to expect: no radio frequency selection, many missing original garmin settings as not based on Garmin program, and a function which is not part of the original Garmin: the elevation map display. However, it looks like a fairly good enough GPS, close the the real ones for the "feel" factor, and definitely better than the standard in FS2002!Hope this helps!

Guest DreamFleet

I love both of them, and for the vast majority of FS users they will be an outstanding, value-added addition to FS. The 295 is really nice for smaller aircraft, it's rather intuitive to use, and we have the 500 referenced in our C-310 panel 4 times, without any hit on frame rates. :-)Like the real GPS500, the FS version indeed does not have VHF communications functionality.You'll love the terrain feature, really nice!They are both programmed in XML.Regards,Lou

so there devices are exclusively for VFR correct?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

>no radio frequency selectionWhatever you meant with that (I better assume I misunderstood ya... ;) ) but anyway, you can select VORs or NDBs on the GPS and then just select their frequency, perss ENTER and it's set into your avionic stack.

Nope, you can fly IFR with the Garmin.... enter a flight plan, select approach, link it to your autopilot.... it will fly your flight for you, you just have to make adjustments when being ordered around by ATC ;-):-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm]Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][br][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose4.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2][/td][tr][/table

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Aidi

I think what was ment by "no radio selection" is making the comparison between the 295/500 and the Garmin 430/530 units. In the add on units (sim systems or realityxp) you have windows within the garmin which not only shows you the the freq you are using but the ability to have the second freq you require dialled in and switched between as and when you need to. Aidihttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Both Garmin units included in FS 2004 include the same frequency switching functionality contained in the GNS 430/530. You can select a frequency from either the airport