Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

PSS 777's in FSX.

For anyone who has the FS9 PSS 777's installed, or in your archives somewhere that you might have had difficulty reinstalling:Thought there might be someone that would be interested in this:I have the "PSS-B772LR" and the "PSS-B773ER" Boeing 777's which I purchased long ago for FS9. After a systems upgrade, I included new harddrives with formats and a complete reinstallation of everything. About the only aircraft that I was unable to copy or reinstall were these two birds as confirmation of my key to the PSS site was no longer possible as they had gone out of business.Thanks to the kind help and advice from Captain James Harnes Jr. USN Retired, and John R on "The Unofficial PSS Support Forum" located on this site, I was able to recover these birds with full functionality. Thenks so much gentlemen!Out of curiosity, I just tried the same procedure to copy them into FSX, and as near as I can tell so far, everything flys and works fine there as well.Rather than copy the total scenario, I will refer you to the "Need help for reinstallation of PSS 777's" thread started by me, "rhodges" in "The Unofficial PSS Support Forum" found on this site. There are some differences depending upon whether you have a 32 bit or 64 bit Operating System. For FSX, obviously the script edit will be in the "10.0" registry folder. The procedure is exactly the same as that defined in the thread for the "9.0" folder.If this is of interest to you for your hanger, good luck and happy flying:RTH

Thanks rhodges!I wish I had my 777 install files but unfortunatly they're gone with FS9, long time ago..I really loved this bird, the best PSS product IMO

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Sorry folks:Spoke a bit too soon. A number of gauges are not functioning, nor can I bring up the overhead panel.Hopefully a little work and editing may solve some of this.Respectfully:RTH

I agree David that it is the best of PSS although I have all of their Airbusses, Dash 9, and the Concorde. All of these fly well in FSX as well with the exception of the Dash 8.For what it is worth if you have any old CD's or DVD's that still have your 777's on them from the internals of FS9 itself, that is what is needed for reinstallation. The PSS installation itself will not work as it requires an OK from the PSS server (which no longer exists). The solution is copying and editing.Unfortuntely, it is looking like any hope for this bird in FSX may be doubtful. After my first try the gauges started working but the autopilot did not, and the flight dynamics in FSX are impossible. It has a mind of its own. Importing the FS9 777-300 air, aircraft.cfg, and panel lets the plane fly, but that would be a gigiantic step backward and is not acceptable.

Thanks rhodges!I wish I had my 777 install files but unfortunatly they're gone with FS9, long time ago..I really loved this bird, the best PSS product IMO

Guest flyawayboy777
Sorry folks:Spoke a bit too soon. A number of gauges are not functioning, nor can I bring up the overhead panel.Hopefully a little work and editing may solve some of this.Respectfully:RTH
On FSX it is possible to bring up the overhead panel. if you want, I can tell you how in the forum. :) -play around with the panel .cfg and if you can get it, GREAT! If you cant, I can help. I have a question. How can you tweak the VNAV so it controls the speed in autopilot on FSX?

Guest flyawayboy777

Hello there it is me flyawayboy777! I am going to show you how to fix the overhead panel so it works in FSX!1) You need to open the PSSB77704 file in you flight sim, sim objects, airplanes folder.2) Open up the file called PANEL3) open the PANEL.CFG text document.4) the top will look like this:I HAVE ALREADY DID THE EDIT ON THIS PART OF THE .CFG!!!!!!!YOU NEED TO DELETE THE LAST ONE THAT SHOULD SAY [FIXED WINDOW 37]= OVERHEAD HIT 5 TO OPEN^l you see up there! you need to delete the "fixed" and change the "37" to 13.look at the RED line in the text below. That is what you need to fix.[Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Main Panel ZOOMWindow02=Centre PedestalWindow03=Display Select PanelWindow04=FMCWindow05=RadiosWindow06=ClockWindow07=SetupWindow08=Outboard display pop-upWindow09=Inboard display pop-upWindow10=Upper center display pop-upWindow11=Lower center display pop-upWindow12=Panel switcherWindow13=FSWXR2100 Window13=Overhead5) After tweaking that, go down to the WINDOWS and find the one that says: [FIXED WINDOW 37= OVERHEAD...]6) You need to do the same and delete the "FIXED and change the "37" to 13.EX:THIS IS BEFORE![Fixed Window37]Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=1024,768position=7visible=0ident=37render_3d_window=0nomenu=0window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=PSS-B777!Overhead, 0,0,1024IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS![Window13]Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=1024,768position=7visible=0ident=37render_3d_window=0nomenu=0window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=PSS-B777!Overhead, 0,0,10248) Save the .CFG and boot up FSX!HAPPY LANDINGS WITH YOU NEW PSS 777 WITH AND OVERHEAD!need more help? contact me at rohan747@gmail.com:D

Window13=Overhead
Haven't tried it yet but are you sure it's [Window13] and not 14? Window13 was used for FSWXR2100

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm also wondering this - I haven't had any look as yet.James
It isn't working for me. If I call the window 13 or 14. With 14 I can open the upper panel via the menu. But no switch is working.

It is working. You indeed have to change the windownumber to 14. But you have to select the upper panel via the menu. And not by pushing the buttonpanel for the upperpanel. If you do that once you have to load the aircraft again. This is also working for the PSS 757.

I tried installing the 777 in FSX (or copying it over from FS9 would actually be a better description), but nothing is working. None of the panels work and I see no gauges anywhere. I did copy the PSS 777 gauge file into FSX's gauge directory, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I also copied over the PSS folder into tFSX's main directory, and I copied the PSSB77704 folder too. Anybody any ideas? Could it be an activation issue? Never seen anything like it in FS9...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I tried installing the 777 in FSX (or copying it over from FS9 would actually be a better description), but nothing is working. None of the panels work and I see no gauges anywhere. I did copy the PSS 777 gauge file into FSX's gauge directory, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I also copied over the PSS folder into tFSX's main directory, and I copied the PSSB77704 folder too. Anybody any ideas? Could it be an activation issue? Never seen anything like it in FS9...
If your gauges do not display the numbers, install these fonts: Baloo and IRIS Everytyhing is working on my PSS 777 in FSX, but I cannot control the pitch and yaw, nor does the auto throttle work. If I can solve those two problems, I will be flying again in the PSS 777. The altitude hold works, but the aircraft rises and falls 1000 fett over and over again.

never mind, I found my solution a few days ago. I had not copied voronoi.dat to the FSX folder. once I did that, all gauges displayed and everything works quite well. Only problem is engine start, but once I set everything up, I can press CTRL-E and the engines will start. I haven't done any mroe thorough testing. What I do know, is that performance is bad when compared to even the Leonardo Maddog. Those PSS777 gauges just drag down performance enormously...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
never mind, I found my solution a few days ago. I had not copied voronoi.dat to the FSX folder. once I did that, all gauges displayed and everything works quite well. Only problem is engine start, but once I set everything up, I can press CTRL-E and the engines will start. I haven't done any mroe thorough testing. What I do know, is that performance is bad when compared to even the Leonardo Maddog. Those PSS777 gauges just drag down performance enormously...
I can't start the PSS 777 engines in FSX. Also can't use some of the panel in VC etc etcDaniel

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
Benjamin,I had my PSS 777 working in FSX last night. And since I have had my copy (of FSX) for a short time this is not bad!I think if we just did a little bit of work we could get the whole aircraft working. It wasn't giving me performance issues. But I didn't fly with it in A/P.We may need assistance of a developer or some guru who knows how to fix these things.I would like to start my engines on the VC and use my buttons on the VC.Daniel