Sign in to follow this  
realpilotsimpilot

Fuel Tank/Eng Caution

I get this caution from time to time on long flights. The manual says something about this meaning that the main tank quanity 2 is less than 1 or 4 is less than 3, (page 6-46), but doesn't list a crew action. Two questions1. So, if no crew action is listed, does that mean I can't do anything about it.2. If I can't fix it, does this mean I'm doing something wrong in advance? And, if so, what is it? I'm assuming its some sort of cross feed or something. Or maybe, this is just one of those things. Thanks.

I get this caution from time to time on long flights. The manual says something about this meaning that the main tank quanity 2 is less than 1 or 4 is less than 3, (page 6-46), but doesn't list a crew action. Two questions1. So, if no crew action is listed, does that mean I can't do anything about it.2. If I can't fix it, does this mean I'm doing something wrong in advance? And, if so, what is it? I'm assuming its some sort of cross feed or something. Or maybe, this is just one of those things. Thanks.
It's a reminder to command the fuel system to deliver fuel tank to engine when the fuel quantities are equal. The fuel system is discussed starting on 11-44. Tank to engine is explained on 11-47. Use the EICAS fuel synoptic to see a graphic display of the fuel delivery configuration.Bob Quick

Guest tcable
It's a reminder to command the fuel system to deliver fuel tank to engine when the fuel quantities are equal. The fuel system is discussed starting on 11-44. Tank to engine is explained on 11-47. Use the EICAS fuel synoptic to see a graphic display of the fuel delivery configuration.Bob Quick
In general once the FQ reduces to 127k lbs, you receive the synoptic to close the crossfeed valves and feed the engines 1:1 from their respective wing tanks. If you fly a lot of short haul in sim like I do, I rarely never have that much fuel aboard at all!Another nice thing is that this synoptic is inhibited if you takeoff with say 130k and hit 127k on departure. Part of reducing the workload below 10k feet.

In general once the FQ reduces to 127k lbs, you receive the synoptic to close the crossfeed valves and feed the engines 1:1 from their respective wing tanks. If you fly a lot of short haul in sim like I do, I rarely never have that much fuel aboard at all!Another nice thing is that this synoptic is inhibited if you takeoff with say 130k and hit 127k on departure. Part of reducing the workload below 10k feet.
Thanks guys. 11-44, etc has some good descriptions about how to pump to set up direct fuel to engine if you get out of balance. The abnormal warning should have a reference to that, IMHO. I will definately play with that next flight.