Sign in to follow this  
Maximilian_Groeber

ADF Autotune error

I recently encountered a little nice bug...I flew through Russia and for almost every approach there, ADF beacons are essential.Now the MD-11 FMS offers an autotune feature for ADF as well as for Nav1/2. But, the frequency is tuned with the decimal point being at the wrong digit! For example, an ADF has a frequency of 230 kHz. Then the FMS tries to tune it at 23.0 kHz. The same with a frequency above 1000 kHz, like 1080 kHz. The FMS displays (and tunes to) 108.0 kHz.Has anyone experienced a similar behaviour yet?As it may be useful... I'm running FS9 (with MD-11 for FS9, of course :( ) and Vista Ultimate 32bit.Maximilian

Wow, 23KHz is way below the ADF band. We are talking VLF now, if there were such an ADF it could broadcast globally on groundwave (with enought power).I have to admit I did not think about trying this during beta testing (my 40 yrs of aviation experience is all US). Good catch.

Dan Downs KCRP