Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

problem when switching from 2d to 3d

I know there are some brilliant and knowledgeable people here regarding the internal and performance of FSX but I have yet to be given some clue to the problem I have had with FSX for some time. When flying in FSX for a while, after going to "Menu" (alt key) and making a selection, when returning to 3d, graphics are corrupted. If I then apply "alt + enter", sometimes it straightens out but most of the time, not. I am using latest nvidia drivers plus enhancer. I may be wrong but I believe this is related to memor or memory management. I never get memory errors.My questions are:* Could and is it possible for FSX and addons to use more than 4g of memory?* Has anyone else experience graphics problem when switching from 2d to 3d operation?WilbertSUBJECT LINE EDITED BY ADMIN ASUS P5Q SE PLUS/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel E8500 - 3.10 OC TO 3.82Vista Ultimate 64 SP2/CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor- No Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16- No Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65/EVGA GTX285 2g3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controllerFSX ACC@ 1600/1200 |UTX/ASX/FEX/MTX/ASA/REX/UT2/FsPsgrsX/DBS W & F/PMDG 747/3D shockwave/USA & World Extreme Landscape

I also get this from time to time. I use the latest NVidia + NHancer. Does not happen often, maybe 1 in every 20 flights. usually after an Alt-Enter operation. I never Alt Tab, I always At-Enter to Windowed mode and then run other apps over the FSX window. Occasionally I'll get corrupted graphics, like skinless aircraft.Mostly, FSX just bombs out to black screen. I can ESC to exit flight menu, but when I ESC back in it is still black. I just generally try and not be agressive with my operations and it behaves itself. I think it's NVidia related but not sure what exactly causes this.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I know there are some brilliant and knowledgeable people here regarding the internal and performance of FSX but I have yet to be given some clue to the problem I have had with FSX for some time. When flying in FSX for a while, after going to "Menu" (alt key) and making a selection, when returning to 3d, graphics are corrupted. If I then apply "alt + enter", sometimes it straightens out but most of the time, not. I am using latest nvidia drivers plus enhancer. I may be wrong but I believe this is related to memor or memory management. I never get memory errors.My questions are:* Could and is it possible for FSX and addons to use more than 4g of memory?* Has anyone else experience graphics problem when switching from 2d to 3d operation?Wilbert ASUS P5Q SE PLUS/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel E8500 - 3.10 OC TO 3.82Vista Ultimate 64 SP2/CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor- No Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16- No Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65/EVGA GTX285 2g3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controllerFSX ACC@ 1600/1200 |UTX/ASX/FEX/MTX/ASA/REX/UT2/FsPsgrsX/DBS W & F/PMDG 747/3D shockwave/USA & World Extreme Landscape
From reading the system specs, am I correct that your video is internal based on the GTX285? If so that may be your problem. Internal video, even ones based on common video card GPU's doesn't always work as well as a retail card would. They also will probably only be updated by the computer or motherboard manufacturer. General rule of thumb is to try and stay away from internal video, especially for gaming software. There more likely to have compatibility issues.EDIT: If you are running FSX with SP2 or Acceleration it should already be using the full 4GB in a 64 bit OS. Since FSX though is a 32 bit Application, I don't think it can address more than that.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

From reading the system specs, am I correct that your video is internal based on the GTX285? If so that may be your problem. Internal video, even ones based on common video card GPU's doesn't always work as well as a retail card would. They also will probably only be updated by the computer or motherboard manufacturer. General rule of thumb is to try and stay away from internal video, especially for gaming software. There more likely to have compatibility issues.EDIT: If you are running FSX with SP2 or Acceleration it should already be using the full 4GB in a 64 bit OS. Since FSX though is a 32 bit Application, I don't think it can address more than that.
The video card I am using is a PCIe EVGA GTX285 w 2g memory. The mentioned problem I am having also occurs when on long flights of many hours of flying. This makes me suspects that the problem is associated with memory/management. The problem appears to occur sooner when using ASA. I have tried everything I could possibly think of to solve. I experienced the same problem when I have used a different MB, ram, video card (GTX260), CPU, and Operating system. At no time, I received any signs of momory errors. I am out of ideas.WilbertASUS P5Q SE PLUS/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel E8500 - 3.10 OC TO 3.82Vista Ultimate 64 SP2/CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor- No Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16- No Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65/EVGA GTX285 2g3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controllerFSX ACC@ 1600/1200 |UTX/ASX/FEX/MTX/ASA/REX/UT2/FsPsgrsX/DBS W & F/PMDG 747/3D shockwave/USA & World Extreme Landscape

I'm intrested also , because I have the same problems. Build a new system but FSX+PMDG MD 11+ASA+RC4 always quit after 1 1/2 - 2 hours flying.I tried it with Vista 64b , XP 64b, memory change 6 Gb Platinum OCZ for Muskin RED 6Gb . Changed Nvidia drivers with nHancer, and in an overclockand non-clocked system. Nothing worked.Next week I receive a Arctic Cooler for the VC. I hope it is the solution.Edward