Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Using ASA with Aerosoft's FlightSim Commander

Is there a way to have the current ASA weather imported into FSC so as to be able to use the GPS/Moving map and have the correct weather and winds displayed?There is under the option tab in FSC a place to input the path to the URL for the weather to dowload from but I 'm not sure how to go about it or if Hi Fi even allows such a thing?I would really like to be able to use the FSC displays I have open in a second monitor instead of having to pull up ASA or the X-guage.Thanks in Advance,Robert

RE Thomason Jr.

Hi RobertI use FSC in the same mode as a moving map and I found that when you click on the Weather>Show Weather tab on the top menu, that FSC will read the weather from FS itself, so whatever ASA (or any other weather program for that matter) is pumping into FS that is what shows on the screen, also I have found that using two different sources of information for the weather reports can lead to wide discrepancies between what you se and what the particular program (FSC in this case) reports you should be seeing.I hope it helps.Jim Hodkinson