Can someone direct me to Nick's nhancer settings? Just did a clean install of Win 7 and lost my references. (didn't back up everything).ThanksJim

I caution you that something is going on differently with Windows 7, Nvidia's latest drivers and the settings for Nhancer. It's not working as smoothly as it used to and I think needs to be updated. I had to discontinue the use and my FSX has been totally stable since then.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I caution you that something is going on differently with Windows 7, Nvidia's latest drivers and the settings for Nhancer. It's not working as smoothly as it used to and I think needs to be updated. I had to discontinue the use and my FSX has been totally stable since then.Lee
Thanks much for the info. Right now the sim is running fairly well (considering a 2 year old puter). I'll do comparisons with and without nhancer.Jim

Thanks Lee for the info and I agree with you. Just wondering, what settings are you using in the nVidia control panel?Thanks a lot,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I keep it simple. Anisotropic and AA in the game, a high resolution for the monitor, match it in the FSX display and Quality in the Nvidia panel. Not bad at all and better FPS than I was getting using NHancer.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The possibility, or even probability that Nhancer has been rendered ineffective or detrimental to FSX by Windows 7 ts hugely important a topic. Does anyone know more about this? Any objective testing been done? What has been other's experience with Nhancer and Windows 7?Stephen

Guest Heavy_Driver

I would like to know this as well.Though, ironically, there have already been debates about whether nHancer was ever good for FSX in the first place, I dont think that issue was ever decided.

That explains my problems with NHancer and Windows 7 as we speak. I wanted to correct some pixely night cloud, ground and sky textures and set everything up in NHancer per Nick's instructions but deselecting the gamma correction. What I'm getting now is blurry text from RC window, AISmooth, PMDGs 747X panel, main FSX menu an so on, it looks like the resolution was lower than it actually is 1680X1050X32. My night textures are totally screwed up as we speak but I will not make any corrections as I'm far advanced into KSFO from Tokyo.How do you disable NHancer without uninstalling it so that the FSX uses Nvidia's CP settings?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Latest, there's a problem with NHancer's profiles using current NVidia drivers. If you're experiencing issues, try NVidia's latest beta driver 195.39. According to creator of NHancer, it fixes the issue.http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...95.39_beta.html

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest Heavy_Driver

Frankly I have yet to see any advantage in using nHancer at all. Quite the oppposite: I get tearing and CTDs. I will try that beta driver though and advise.And some here have concured though I cannot rememebr who or when.