Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

new sound pak for the PMDG744-X

Originally the wind sound wasn't loud enough, we had multiple real active 400 pilots on the team tell us to increase it. I remember it happening very well. It's one of the most distinctive things about flying the plane, it's the primary source of noise in the cockpit. We weren't going to leave that out.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Originally the wind sound wasn't loud enough, we had multiple real active 400 pilots on the team tell us to increase it. I remember it happening very well. It's one of the most distinctive things about flying the plane, it's the primary source of noise in the cockpit. We weren't going to leave that out.
Well first off, I'm not sure how I got into this debate, but I'm not going to tuck and run now. As stated (and I put it mildly) it was the biggest complaint I heard about years ago when I got it, and like I said above, got several complaints of non users saying to over dub the sound in my video. Personally I hate not hearing the sounds when people cover it with music in their videos, but even in my own I didn't watch it that much because the loud screach. Again, I didn't notice as much in the sim because I was more immersed in the activities but others in my household would get annoyed with it. I really do admire the amount of realism in your products and think it's awesome how many resources you make available to achieve them. So I'm sorry if my words offend, it's not my intention, but it is my truth and I'm not much of a YES man. I am a consumer however and one that loves to consume pmdg aircraft... but IMHO there are things to simulate and some that take away from the users experience. I love scuba diving, but if I was sitting at my computer doing a scuba sim, the last thing I would want is someone to dump a bucket of ice water over my head, even though it might add to the "Realism". As I said, I am not bashing your product, just saying what's been said by many and because it's my thoughts as well.Besides, if you take a look at my original reply to this post you will see I was defending the PMDG sound set, and just offered a solution to some that might be turned off by the wind is all.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier