Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Cycle 0912 SIDSTAR Collection

Now that the AVSIM library seems to be fully functioning, the latest US Collection of SIDSTARS is available in the FS2004 Flight Plans section. Easy way to find them is to do an extended search on author name = Dan Downs and sort the result by date.I have made a change to the way STARS are named to accomodate the JS41. In the past, my custom arrivals had the runway added as a suffix and the original 'as published' arrival (which always require ATC vectors) was always available but without a runway suffix. The new convention is similar, but the version number for the arrival is changed to a small 'x' to force the JS41 FMS to list both original and custom arrivals. For example, CURLY2 at KABQ for RNW 08 will now appear as either CURLY2 or CURLYx.08 in all aircraft except the JS41, where your choice will now be CURLY2 and CURLYx when selecting the GUP transition and RNW 08. In this case, the CURLY2 choice will terminate the arrival path with vectors as shown on the chart and the CURLYx choice will provide a route to the ILS 08 final approach fix.There are 66 locations in the collection, which covers the 25 busiest airports in the US and the top 10 destinations for all 25 locations, plus a few more thrown in to cover SWA routes.Happy contrails.

Dan Downs KCRP

Cheers Dan - will load then when Navigraph have sorted there pages out lolCycle 0910 Released hehe then Cycle 0911 on the fms page lolThanks for the explanation too.John Ellison

There are 66 locations in the collection, which covers the 25 busiest airports in the US and the top 10 destinations for all 25 locations, plus a few more thrown in to cover SWA routes.Happy contrails.
hehe, Thanks Dan! :(

Joe Sherrill

Now that the AVSIM library seems to be fully functioning, the latest US Collection of SIDSTARS is available in the FS2004 Flight Plans section. Easy way to find them is to do an extended search on author name = Dan Downs and sort the result by date.I have made a change to the way STARS are named to accomodate the JS41. In the past, my custom arrivals had the runway added as a suffix and the original 'as published' arrival (which always require ATC vectors) was always available but without a runway suffix. The new convention is similar, but the version number for the arrival is changed to a small 'x' to force the JS41 FMS to list both original and custom arrivals. For example, CURLY2 at KABQ for RNW 08 will now appear as either CURLY2 or CURLYx.08 in all aircraft except the JS41, where your choice will now be CURLY2 and CURLYx when selecting the GUP transition and RNW 08. In this case, the CURLY2 choice will terminate the arrival path with vectors as shown on the chart and the CURLYx choice will provide a route to the ILS 08 final approach fix.There are 66 locations in the collection, which covers the 25 busiest airports in the US and the top 10 destinations for all 25 locations, plus a few more thrown in to cover SWA routes.Happy contrails.
Dan,Not spoke to you for a while...hope all is well at your end?As ever many thanks for your hard work!BestSteve

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Hey Steve! Actually, this year hasn't been good one:Dog diedWife had breast cancerOut of workWife is divorcing meMom died ... been a county song without the music.So, I am looking forward to next year. In fact, right after Thanksgiving I'm taking SWA with my Dad KHOU-KPHX to visit some family in the area and hope to catch Ryan's (Tabs) band while I am there.

Dan Downs KCRP