Sign in to follow this  
ahaka

"Memory could not be read" error

Hello,I recently installed Windows 7 64 bit. I have 6gb of memory on my system. When I fired up the MD 11 to start a flight in FSX, everything went fine until just before takeoff I got a "The memory could not be read" error and FSX closed. Great! Now I havent had this problem before, and was wondering if this could mean a faulty memory module? Or has anyone else with Win7 experienced this problem?

Do you have a memory diagnostic you can run?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,Yes, I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and it found no problems. I also dont experience any other unusual problems with my computer.I'm thinking if it could be a bug in Win7, or some other part of hardware.

Hi Dan,Yes, I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and it found no problems. I also dont experience any other unusual problems with my computer.I'm thinking if it could be a bug in Win7, or some other part of hardware.
What are your system specs and are you over clocking?

I doubt its Win 7. I run windows seven on an i7 with 6gb and it runs way better now than it did under Vista. Here's a question: Do you have SP2 installed? I ran the MD-11 without with no probkem except the occasional memory error. All of those errors disappeared when I realized my SP2 was corrupted and I reinstalled. Maybe an HDD issue and virtual memory? Just spitballing there.

This error doesn't usually indicate a problem with the memory itself, it's just a cryptic Windows error as usual... I'd start looking at your drivers maybe.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi all,Thank you for your insight.I uninstalled a recently installed driver, and did not have this problem at least for a 2 hour test flight. Could it be that a driver/software thats not related to any hardware used by FSX could cause a conflict like that? Can't tell 100% sure that it's gone but at least things look better now.