Sign in to follow this  
Guest TU0833

Help needed with Captain Sim paintkit

Guest TU0833

in my first attempt to repaint an aircraft, I choose a 757 from captain sim. all the tutorials i saw were little hekpful to get everything in place. did any body cross a tutorial on the net specific for captain sim?

in my first attempt to repaint an aircraft, I choose a 757 from captain sim. all the tutorials i saw were little hekpful to get everything in place. did any body cross a tutorial on the net specific for captain sim?
I wouldn't say the CS757 (or any CS kit for that matter) kit is the best (read :easiest) kit to try your luck on. The 4 sided fold out structure makes it a bit more tedious (with better results tho) than a 'normal' 2 sided kit. That being said :I haven't come across a A to Z tutorial for the CS757 kit, but perhaps somebody else has. If not, I'd start by mentioning which FS, cause there is also a big difference between the FS9 and FSX way of texturing CS' 757.

Guest TU0833
I wouldn't say the CS757 (or any CS kit for that matter) kit is the best (read :easiest) kit to try your luck on. The 4 sided fold out structure makes it a bit more tedious (with better results tho) than a 'normal' 2 sided kit. That being said :I haven't come across a A to Z tutorial for the CS757 kit, but perhaps somebody else has. If not, I'd start by mentioning which FS, cause there is also a big difference between the FS9 and FSX way of texturing CS' 757.
It's FS9 terrenceK. I use Photoshop CS4 but i'm stuck with a number of issues. do i need to paint one side then do a copy paste for the other? it's way more complicated than i tought.

It's FS9 terrenceK. I use Photoshop CS4 but i'm stuck with a number of issues. do i need to paint one side then do a copy paste for the other? it's way more complicated than i tought.
You could do that. It depends on your workflow, how you like to use the CS4 tools. One way to do it is to create a group, in which you make, place, and create all your layers, shapes for the left side, then copy that group and shift drag it into to place to the right side of the fuselage. Don't forget to horizontally flip your layers where needed.