Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eurosky

Boeing 767-300 POSKY vs. IFDG

Hello guys,what are your opinions on who has the better model? I did a test flight today and I have the feeling that the flight dynamics of the IFDG model seem more realistic (rotating was fairly easy on the POSKY compared to the IFDG model and the POSKY flew much more like a light 737 instead of a nearly fully loaded 767 heavy). That's my opinion.I didn't like the 757 flight dynamics of the IFDG model much (but beautiful exteriors!). What are your opinions on the 757?Greetings,Star Alliance

I have done a transatlantic flight with the IFDG and it handles very nicely the only problem is the few bugs it comes with. Such as the inboard aileron which is a key feature of most Boeings doesn't move.RegardsG-MIDYhttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/265713/L/

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

The POSKY model has properly modeled and working main gear doors and the ailerons move the right direction. IFDG's model has no main gear doors and the ailerons move in the wrong direction. (IE, when you bank right, the right aileron moves down... it should move up)However, the FLIGHT model is very nice.

Guest AndrewMal

Visually, POSKY's is much more accurate than iFDG's, however, iFDG has more of the "eye candy" such as shine and opening doors. That I like, but I think the iFDG model shouldn't have been released in the state that it was. The wings are pretty badly deformed and the rear of the plane still doesn't quite look right. I think iFDG's nose looks phenomenal though.-Andrew

Hi,first,IFDG posted a model update on their site including a gear door and aileron fix. Admit I haven't tried it yet, but posts at their forum say the Freighters still has problems but the rest is fine.Personally,I cannot judge at all whose Flight dynamcics are more correct - I did not pilot such a beast yet in real life.But,coming to the overall appearance, I like the IFDG better due to the eye candy. I'm not ashamed to say that.And,I like the general open, friendly tone of them better, so to me, it's a clear vote for the IFDG version.Whatever You like better, remember, it's only a hobby.Torsten

Guest P3_Super_Bee

I think its pretty hard to compare, for the simple face that POSKYs is one of the FIRST GMAX aircraft released, There has been a LOT of time in between, with a LOT of new things dicovered within GMAX. I am in the fleet department for a VA and now have the decsion of keeping the POSKY or going with the iFDG. At first I was already to send the iFDG to the paint booth, but now, I don't know. By this I mean they no longer have the definate nod, I will be looking at both models a little closer. This kinda reminds me of the B752 release. "Its coming, Irs coming, here it is.......oh wait a sec we have some more work to do. And the original model was quickly dubbed a "Public Beta Version". But I will say this when the "finshed" version hit the skies, they had hit a Gran Slam!!!!!! An AWESOME aircraft. Keep up the great job guys. I know how hard it is to make FS models, I have a big fat zero under my name, and I sure would like to change that. Would love to have a POSKY/iFDG/FFX etc quality P-3 to fly, And with me the only way I'll get that P-3 is if I build it.(after 15+ years working on 'em if any developer were to make one, I'd spot countless flaws in it from a mile away.) The real question is how would a second generation POSKY GMAX B763 compare to the iFDG model. Competition is great without it we would not have some of the great aircraft that is available. To all developers, payware and freeware alike keep up the great work. Without you, MSFS would suck. Though the default stuff is starting to catch up with you guys. LOL Maybe be FS34 they might get it right. LOL who am I trying to kidd....

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

To answer your question, POSKY without a doubt. Dynamic shine and opening doors are nothing without opening GEAR doors and no "gmax" black marks underneath the wings.

StarAllianceIn my opinion they`re both freeware and they`re both great.

I honestly hadn't noticed the aileron and gear door thing in the IFDG model till you all mentioned them...there's a problem there, but I tend to play "inside" when gears are cycling and ailerons are flapping, so that's probably why I missed them.Frankly, I fell in love with the UPS paint job! I'm sure that, with accurate and positive feedback, IFDG will get the issues worked out. I'm "old school". Remember Flight Shop? That eight sided NWA 747 that was the "cat's meow", as cutting edge as it got. And before that, the only airliner we had was a DC-9 that someone had hashed together, and folks would repaint it and give it different flight dynamics to "turn" it into anything from a DC-9 to a C-5A. Always looked like a DC-9 tho.We've come so far, with so many new developers popping in with new and better toys for us to play with.I'm so glad we have POSKY, IFDG, FFG, FFX, Meljet (rip PFG, darn it) and the countless others that make this hobby so much more immersing and enjoyable. I was doing a tourist sightseeing flight in a Dash7 around Mt McKinley yesterday for my VA, between the scenery and the view of the rumbling Dash7 circling the mountain, I was THERE!! It doesn't get any better (for a sim, anyway). Good news is that, inevitably, it WILL get better, and we'll look back on these days much as we look back on FS98 today. The future is so bright for us! When we can gripe about the small stuff (okay, reversed ailerons could be pretty serious as a pilot in command!!!LOL!!) then they must be getting the big stuff down pretty well. And as long as the feedback is positive and constructive, as has been the case here, then things get fixed and life gets better. Cheers, and happy flying...it's all still good!Dave(not a designer, but in awe of those that are so gifted...) (looking forward to 2K4, I'll gladly plop down 50 odd bucks every couple of years for some new features and improvements to the hobby...!!)

Guest Capt Greg

POSKY MODEL ALL THE WAY!!! The IFDG 767 looks kind of wierd. The wings are far too low, the fuselage is the wrong shape and the POSKY model has PIC merges. So i like POSKY better.

Both model have it's own advantage and disadvantage.iFDG model It doesn't have main gear doors- you won't see it through the cockpit right?It has latest eyecandy- well surely no needs... but it is good if included!It has better FDE- Great, +1(You truly feel it)Some of it's moving parts are mistakenly animated- same like number one.The only thing i can say for iFDG user is : stay tuned for the update!POSKY modelIt has more accurate model- Nice, +0.5(Pilots can't see their entire plane, but this is nice)It has accurate moving parts- Good, +0.5(Pilots can't see any of them, but feel them.. anyway it's good)It doesn't have any eyecandy- Well, they include moving APU vent(ctrl+V to open, ctrl+C to close) it's eyecandy and nice also!It has less eyecandy than default ones- Do you need opening bagage/passanger door? Well i need it, but can't decide.POSKY&iFDGThey're freeware- can't say, +999999999999999999999999999999999IMHO, i like eyecandy like VC(Cabin and cockpit), Opening doors... etc. But they're almost the same.

Do you think POSKY will add dynamic shine to thier 767's like they did to the CRJ's?

Guest Clement Guivarc h

I hope they will ! I hope they'll had dynamic shine and opening doors! :7 ../)_/). _ Cl

Guest Wills402

Don't let anyone from POSKY see you ask this question or you will get some of their "attitude". I did and thats what I got.