Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vincent

No Improvement after OC

Guest Vincent

So I did a little OC on my E6750 today. Here is my specE6750 @ 3G (8*375)3G generic samsung DDR2-667 @ 5-6-6-17BFG 8800GT DDR3 512MB @ stockXFX 680i LTI have REX, ASA, and FS Realtime on and my FPS never pass 20 (lock @ 30). I play the "Tokoyo Executive Transport" and it was still nothing different from before. I am wondering where the problem is. Any help appreciated!

What happens when you unlock frames?Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest Vincent

I haven't tried to unlock the frame rate but I have the impression that locking the frame rates is better than not locking it.I also forgot to mentioned that most of my setting are set to mid-high with WX set to high.

I haven't tried to unlock the frame rate but I have the impression that locking the frame rates is better than not locking it.
Not necessarily...300MHz clock increase probably won't be that noticeable as well.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Not necessarily...300MHz clock increase probably won't be that noticeable as well.
I agree, for what it's worth. That's a pretty negligible amount, especially at that low of a clock anyway.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest Vincent

I tried unlock the frame rate with no improvement stillI'm thinking about doing an upgrade to the computer so I can run FSX smoother.Here is my planned spec.P2 X4 955Asus M4A77TD PRO4G DDR3-1333Vista 64Old stuffs:BFG 8800GT OC 512MB2 7200 HDD

Install FSX on a separate drive if possible. Seems to be a popular opinion these days.

You should get better then that. I have a stock E6600@2.66 and I get about 20-25 at the airport cloud9 kmco with the stock aircraft and about 15 fps with the J-41. In the air I get 40+. That is with the sliders about 3/4. And ai at 50%. keith

Guest Vincent
You should get better then that. I have a stock E6600@2.66 and I get about 20-25 at the airport cloud9 kmco with the stock aircraft and about 15 fps with the J-41. In the air I get 40+. That is with the sliders about 3/4. And ai at 50%. keith
What is the rest of your spec?